Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:irock: Just have to say that I had the opportunity to line up with one of these new Neon SRT-4's. At first I didnt give it a second thought and just figured I would leave this kid at the light and have a few car lenghts on him before I let up. Suprise when I took off and by the time I hit third he was only about a half a car length back. None the less his Neon stayed right were it was supposed to be, behind my Z but I was shocked at how quick the car was.

NEONSRT-4

"The SRT-4 is faster to reach 60 mph and the 1/4 mile than many acclaimed sports cars that cost much more, including the Porsche Boxster S, Beetle Turbo S, Matrix MRS, and the new, hyped-up Nissan 350Z. "

Hmm seems the Z is very hyped up compared to the SRT-4 in my opinion. :shiftdrive:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
They're quick, alright. With slight mods, those things are very fast.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldnt be suprised if in the right hands it would have been a much closer race but the kid seemed more impressed with revving his engine until his turbo was winding up really high. "hey mom i want the car with the cool sounds".

I wouldnt mind test driving one, seeing how it performs.

·
Registered
853 Posts
You can make those cars fast as **** for little $$$.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
I still say the payment book will last longer than the car......'quick' is only part of the problem.

Agreed... i'm not sold on the quality of the Dodge... if you happen to be on the losing end of a race with one, just tell him to run again in another year or two when his car is on a tow truck :lol:

Plus, NA v FI is not really a fair comparison.. apples and oranges..

·
Registered
853 Posts
I didn't say I would buy one. They are fu-ug-leee! The thread was about how surprised he was on how quick those little boogers are.

·
Registered
270 Posts
All depends on mods... One of my boys got one and he can eat my Z all day long... I've even seen him mess with a viper and he kept up no problem... but he has spent about 7-10gs worth of upgrades.... I agree with the fact that its still a neon and a POS... The car is ugly and i would hate to be in it going that fast and hitting something.. I feel alot safer in the Z...

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
There's no disputing the time slips....

BUT....

Anything can be made to go fast if you throw enough $$ at it.

What's good about it is MOPAR HAS a program to mod up to 400hp, for the foo who decides to go that route.

I have to admit the occasional twinge of jealousy of cars that are EASILY modded up 50-100 hp... The Z33's upward mobility (like the car itself...) comes at a price.

Worth it, tho, IMHO

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Ah, my sons, listen carefully - it is not a matter of how fast you go - it is a matter of how you go fast.

Zaino on - Zaino off! :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Ah, my sons, listen carefully - it is not a matter of how fast you go - it is a matter of how you go fast.

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!! :irock:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts

LOL...a concept some 16 year old kid won't understand.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
LOL...a concept some 16 year old kid won't understand.
Who the **** is 16 around here!? Hehe, I drive the Z with pride same as you man....

·
Registered
9 Posts
I hear ya on the SRT-4. I ran one yesterday from a stoplight. I haven't really paid any attention to them before until I pulled up next to it. I thought my stock '06 Z would rip it a good 3 car lengths, not to be. He beat me from the start barely but I pulled on him and wound up beating him by about a car length. We made it up to 85MPH before we had to get off it. I was so mad that I just beat him by that little bit. I wanted to fight him...lol :nunchuk: Maybe by 2009 he'll look the other way when I pull up... :nana:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts