Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be trading my 98 bmw z3 for a 2003 automatic 350z base edition. I would like to know what in your opinion what are the two best products in each of my categories. I really need your help thanks since i do not no much about the 350z.

1. Cat-back exhaust
2. Hi-Flo cats
3. Headers
4. Cold air intake
5. Forced induction
6. Coilover kit
7. Swaybars
8. Strut bar

I wasn't sure if i should try to concentrate with just one company or a whole bunch. I wasn't sure if i should do as much nismo as possible, stillen, JIC, GGreddy. Im new to these companies and don't know how their products match up to each other in the different categories. Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
587 Posts
First off make sure what trim of the Z you are getting. The Base Model does not come in a 5AT only the Enthusiast and touring come in an automatic all others are a 6 spd manual.

when it come to Modding the Z there are a ton of options. Most people have their own opinions on which brands are better but allot of that is subjective.

My opinions on the parts your looking for

1. Cat-back exhaust... Borla or Nismo
2. Hi-Flo cats.... R/T or Kenitex or Crawford
3. Headers ..... Nismo or Aphaworks or Carwford
4. Cold air intake... JWT pop Charger or Stock with a K&N drop in
5. Forced induction.. Single or twin turbo?? or Supercharger???
6. Coilover kit... Tien or JIC (the Nismo s-tune is good too)
7. Swaybars.... Hotchkis or Cusco
8. Strut bar... the Z come with a OEM front strut brace. But JIC and the Greddy are both good

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With the forced induction i was looking for which ever kit would produce the most power. This is excluding the Greddy twin turbo. I checked and the car im looking at is the touring style. I had looked at stillen,vortech, turbonetics,hks, and others but wasn't sure. I wanted to know from others experiences which kit had provided the most power. Also best bang for the buck isn't that bad either!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts