Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i desparately need some suggestions about tires. my stock tires are pretty much bald...slippin everywhere. i live in Los Angeles, CA...it's gonna start raining soon here and i want the ultra-performance tires with best wet traction possible. I really wanna try the new Falken Azenis RT-615 because i heard that it's supposed to perform pretty bomb on wet track. I was also thinking about getting the BFgoodrich KWD 2 (stock on SRT-4). Some michelin's sound good but woah those will cost me a fortune haha. Please suggest some tires for me including treadwear, dry& wet traction and of course HANDLING. i'd greatly appreciate it. :helpsmilie:

225/45/18 or 225/40/18
245/45/18 or 225/40/18

·
Registered
788 Posts
Originally posted by Raceism@Sep 23 2005, 02:06 PM
i desparately need some suggestions about tires. my stock tires are pretty much bald...slippin everywhere. i live in Los Angeles, CA...it's gonna start raining soon here and i want the ultra-performance tires with best wet traction possible. I really wanna try the new Falken Azenis RT-615 because i heard that it's supposed to perform pretty bomb on wet track. I was also thinking about getting the BFgoodrich KWD 2 (stock on SRT-4). Some michelin's sound good but woah those will cost me a fortune haha. Please suggest some tires for me including treadwear, dry& wet traction and of course HANDLING. i'd greatly appreciate it.  :helpsmilie:

225/45/18  or 225/40/18
245/45/18 or  225/40/18
[snapback]157614[/snapback]​
You live in LA and want wet traction tires?? My brother lived there for 2 years and said it almost never rained (coming from a MI raised person).

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my BFGoodrich KD tires. They are primarily a dry traction tire. Have not used them in the rain yet.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I just installed a pair of BFGoddrich KDW-2 T/A on the rears, leaving the stock fronts the same. Love 'em. They stick like nothing else. The car rides smoother. Have not taken them out in the wet yet, but they should be great! These tires do exert a little bit of noise, but you are driving a sports car, not a Maybach.

For the price, these things are awesome, IMO!

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by Conan+Sep 23 2005, 03:13 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Raceism
@Sep 23 2005, 02:06 PM
i desparately need some suggestions about tires. my stock tires are pretty much bald...slippin everywhere. i live in Los Angeles, CA...it's gonna start raining soon here and i want the ultra-performance tires with best wet traction possible. I really wanna try the new Falken Azenis RT-615 because i heard that it's supposed to perform pretty bomb on wet track. I was also thinking about getting the BFgoodrich KWD 2 (stock on SRT-4). Some michelin's sound good but woah those will cost me a fortune haha. Please suggest some tires for me including treadwear, dry& wet traction and of course HANDLING. i'd greatly appreciate it. :helpsmilie:

225/45/18 or 225/40/18
245/45/18 or 225/40/18
[snapback]157614[/snapback]​
You live in LA and want wet traction tires?? My brother lived there for 2 years and said it almost never rained (coming from a MI raised person).

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my BFGoodrich KD tires. They are primarily a dry traction tire. Have not used them in the rain yet.
[snapback]157616[/snapback]​

LOL I lived there for a few years as well, and their winters = "the rainy season" it only rains for like a month or something but it's still reason to get a tire that will perform in wet AND dry conditions. IMO. I have the Toyo Proxes T1-S (updated ones are T1-R now tho) and they are GREAT in the wet and dry weather, *just don't try to drive in the snow up at Big Bear w/ them on LOL)

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
BFG all the way if you can afford it. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts