Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I mashed a curb with my front passenger wheel and busted my inner and outter tie rods. it also cracked my stock 06 wheel spoke all the way through. It vibrated till I could afford new wheels after getting new rods and an alignment.

I took it into nissan for my oil consumption and they noticed the vibration (after new rims) and took a look and said something along the lines of my brake piston is stuck and overall its causing my rotor to warp. It's been like this for awhile so its warped beyond turning. And my caliper piston is messed up so I'm sure I need a new caliper as well.

Should I buy from nissan? Upgrade? I've called the local parts stores and they never have anything for my car. oh and it was riding on that broke rim for about 5k miles and still vibrating after 10k. So new wheel bearing assembly may be in order as well....

Any suggestions please?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Not sure, but could you possibly rebuild the caliper?
there may be some kits out there
or save up like 5k, get all new after market pieces, and slap on a BBk, but you should probably drive a little more resposible, sounds like these pieces add up $$$$ quickly

1 - 2 of 2 Posts