Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you know, the missus got me $300 credit at a local speed shop. They have nothing on the floor that I want or could use, but they can order stuff. They claim they can beat any price.

I am all open for suggestions. I 'shop' online everyday (or so it seems), and there is soo much out there I am having a hard time figuring out what a good buy would be for the Z. If any of you have ideas or links, please feel free to post 'em up!

Thanks in advance for all your help!
:goodtimes:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about pulley(s).

For a quickie list of mods I already have: Test pipes, grounding kit, JWT charger.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hehe, yeah Terri, I've been 'breaking' her down.

Is Unorthodox the only company that sells pulleys? I saw ZXRages review, and I can only dread the install time.

Also, I was wondering about the turbo setup. If I were eventually going to install a tt kit, what mods do I need then? Would I get rid of the test pipes and intake? Would I have to completely replace my exhaust system?

Again, thanks!

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
buy only the crank pulley , dont get the full set... other pulleys wont help you any ( only few ounces lighter than the stock ones ) - they only look nice...

how about a short shifter ?

btw .. with the TT kit you still can keep your test pipes and exhaust.. but like Dirn said - pop charger - out ! im sure you wouldnt miss it that much..

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the tip! The whistling sound can only get better...;-)

I was thinking the same thing about only getting the crank pulley. I read somewhere that the other OEM pulleys are plastic anyway, so I don't see why I would go through the trouble of replacing those unless I wanted to shine up the engine.

As for the shifter, I'm happy with the stock throw. I really want to concentrate on the engine or some other performance mods. Unfortunately, I don't have thousands of dollars to throw at the Z, otherwise I would go straight for the tt kit and forget the rest.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
For 300 bucks you could go 3 different ways:
You could do the performance thing and get something cheap like pulleys.
You could go with the looks department and lower the car or get a lip or something or...
You could make the much more responsible choice and invest the money in my car... they say that giving gifts is supposed to be even better than getting them right? I'm only looking out for YOUR best interests here

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by cedusett@Sep 13 2004, 10:25 AM
For 300 bucks you could go 3 different ways: 
You could do the performance thing and get something cheap like pulleys. 
You could go with the looks department and lower the car or get a lip or something or...
You could make the much more responsible choice and invest the money in my car... they say that giving gifts is supposed to be even better than getting them right?  I'm only looking out for YOUR best interests here

The Senate Finance Committee will consider your suggestion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts