Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:helpsmilie: hello peeps, i was wondering if anybody had their car changed to a different color when they first bought it. this is such a great car to have such a sorry ass paint job :doh: . i live in extreme heat so this might be the cause as well. any advice or help regarding this situation will be extremely appreciated. i have a redline right now planning to black it out soon.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Red is such a rare color on the Z. i live in Miami, FL and i barely see any redline Z's around here. there is a **** load of Black, Silver, Silverstone, Daytona Blue...but not red.

ill stick with red.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the kind words ayman. i live in vegas and there is a crapload of redline here thats why i'm just trying tobe different. also this is off the subject but did you smoke out your tail lites yourself or did you get it custom made? pardon my ignorance.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
Buff has been looking to get his car painted towards the end of the year, I know he has looked into it quite a bit. I think the job can get rather pricey.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't get it painted black. That is a very common color and is extremely hard to keep clean and fresh. I used to live in SoCal in the desert and had a black car. It was challenging to keep the shine.

If you're planning on a full paintjob, go with something really different like a pearl green or metallic yellow or something.

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
Originally posted by ayman350z@Sep 7 2005, 10:44 AM
painting some body parts can cost a good 500 dollars
imagine a full car...i would assume its close to 2000 dollars.
[snapback]153230[/snapback]​

Ummmm - you're not even in the ball park :banghead: I wish it was that inexpensive to color change a Z & have it done correctly.

I'd suggest that you:
1 - leave it the way it is & enjoy it

2 - Take a hit & trade it in

What you are going to spend to have the car repainted & done right will be more than the hit you will take by trading it in for a different color.

IF you still decide that you must have a different color:
1. Talk to multiple shops in the area - you may find that it's more difficult to find a shop that's willing to take on the job than you would imagine.

2. Take a look at what work they have done in the past.
ex. Yeah I'll color change your car of $4K - then find out that they use spray paint.

3. IF you're going to change color - then make it unique. Go full out custom. I've yet to see a green Z :OMG:

4. Don't pay anything UPFRONT. Make sure they do the job to your satisfaction before you pay them anything.

Hope that this helps & best of luck to you :werd: :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by ayman350z@Sep 7 2005, 10:44 AM
painting some body parts can cost a good 500 dollars
imagine a full car...i would assume its close to 2000 dollars.
[snapback]153230[/snapback]​

try closer to $8K.........someone here will pay that end of the year :wink: not me tho........i like my brickyard!

remember you get what you pay for..........

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Many higher end shops will not even attempt full car paint work, unless it is a frame-off restoration.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts