Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 Touring with no mods at all except an Airhog stock filter. I use my car as a daily driver so I cannot afford to make it real loud as I also use it for work and I do drive quite a bit.
My question is, what kind of exhaust mods can I do to her so i can uncork some more hp without making it extremely loud? what has worked for you in the past? I am planning on getting a cold air intake and test pipes. Would it be enough with this? is the stock muffler that restrictive? Ihave heard that test pipes would be enough with the stock exhaust and a decent intake system.
Also, what is that muffler/cat looking thing right before the muffler? is that another cat?

Help!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the Nismo Cat Back and it sounds great.... not too loud unless you unleash the beast but then you want it to rip anyway right??

·
Registered
100 Posts
Get the nismo cat back exhaust , I have it and it rocks. My car is my daily driver to.. The sound is great and when you get on the car it is amazing.. The look of the nismo is nice to and i installed it myself.. I have a link to a vid of my car and it has a good clip of the exhaust sound check it out, go here and download it from this site..
http://uploadhut.com/view.php/250645.wmv

And the muffler/cat looking thing right before the muffler is a resonator.

·
Registered
376 Posts
The cats are the most restrictive. If you are going to switch to straight pipes, then you may want to go with the fujitsubo Legalis R. It get a little louder than stock but not much. The Nismo will be very loud with straight pipes, same with most exhaust. Just changing the exhaust will free up a few ponies but will mostly affect sound. The cats are where its at. :cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts