Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have stock 17" wheels and tires. I would like to get metal wheels with winter tires that are as narrow as possible. I know it will look ugly, but I have to come up with the safest and cheapest solution for driving in the snow. I would even go with 16” wheels, but I don’t know how to figure out the size of the tires to go with the wheels. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
well to be honest i have neve seen snow so i am useless to this subject, but i think a few others here can help you out. good luck!

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
i would stick with the 17's for the rims and go with the Blizzak tires for them, 225/50R17 front and 225/55R17 rear. good luck for the rears most places i have checked are sold out for season but tirerack has them for fronts only. other tires are availabe though, the Pirelli winter 210 is a decent tire as well

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Steve350Z.
I spoke with someone from TireRack and was told that steel wheels or smaller then 16" wheels would not fit. And the cheapest wheels with Blizzak tires, 235's in the back and 225's in front would cost me 1295 bucks.
From what I've read, Blizzak snow tires handle the best in the snow. Does anyone have some other tires that he drives in the snow with and is happy with them?

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts