Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 z and when I get on it and if I don’t let the rpms drop before letting the clutch out the and then get back on it the pedal will go back down half way and I smell my clutch burning can anyone help me

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Sounds like the most likely explanation is the CSC (concentric slave cylinder) is going out. You don't mention how many miles are on your Z, but has it ever had any clutch work?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it has 158000 not sure if the clutch has been replaced I doubt it I just got it a couple months ago

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
At 158K you should replace the clutch disc, pressure plate and CSC at a minimum. You have to drop the tranny to inspect any of these components in any case. Did you have a separate inspection/assessment done of the Z prior to purchasing it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Most clutches are designed to last approximately 60,000 miles before they need to be replaced. Some may need replacing at 30,000 and some others can keep going well over 100,000 miles. It is time to replace the clutch.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
I replaced mine at 125,000 miles and 2 springs were broken. I had to go back for the slave cylinder even after replacing the master.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts