Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last couple of days , after I start up my z , rpms drop all the way down and it shuts off.. I start it up again and its fine..
battery is fine because I checked it right before my trip...
I really have no clue what could be the problem..
also Im due for the oil change , and I've always changed it myself , but wont be able to for another 1K miles.. Should I just add some oil and changed it when I get back home ?
thx

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not , I could drive the car for a long time , then shut it off , and it would start up right away wirt no problems..
dont understand why sometimes it starts up and all of the sudden it dies , like there's an air leak somewhere..

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
My Z32 did that once. I can't remember if it's the O2 sensor(s) or not. I would definitely take it to the dealer to run a diagnostic. Is your Service Engine Soon light on? Could be any number of sensors in the engine. CAS? I hope not.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no SES light on , car runs perfect.. I really dont want to go to the dealership since I'll be hearing all the BS that my mods are to blame for it.. My friend checked my car before the trip and there were no codes on it so I dont believe its something major... still it worries me..
anyone else ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
on the early 03's there was a recall to fix this problem....maybe the same part on yours. I thought it was a crank position or cam position indicator that was faultly. Hope this helps.

John

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by silver350z33@Aug 26 2004, 06:21 AM
on the early 03's there was a recall to fix this problem....maybe the same part on yours.  I thought it was a crank position or cam position indicator that was faultly.  Hope this helps.

John

thx , will check it out , I heard something about this..

·
Registered
16 Posts
well im not sure what the problem is....but i have a 1989 honda prelude that does the exact same thing. it happens every now and then at random times, i just have to wait a little bit and start it again and its fine. its really annoying so if ur sure about what is causing it, could u tell me too cuz it seems like the same problem, thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts