Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought my Z and yesterday the service engine light came on. I had someone plug an OBD2 tool into it and these ar the codes that popped up:
P0183
Fuel tank temperature sensor circuit high input

P0462
Fuel level sensor circuit low input

U1001
didnt have the code in the system (idk what it is)

Does anyone know what the last code is and does anyone know how to fix these problems or know how much it might cost?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Since the wiki section is down, I had to google that for you.

The U1000 and U1001 mean that there is no communication between the engine control unit and another control units that are part of the CAN system (Controller Area Network) or that at some point there was no communication.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Have you tried clearing them to see if they come back? Disconnect the battery cable for 15 mins or so.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Did you install a radio recently? Did you unplug the A/C amp? The white box behind the AC control knobs?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Check the connection on the white A/C amp box and then reset the ECU (disconnect the neg. batter cable for 15 mins. or so).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did that and the light went off. Now its time to see if it will stay off.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Old thread revival!

As many of you know I am gutting my Z - looking to cut weight and get below 3000lbs…I think I'm well on my way…

I unplugged quite a few items including the HVAC, radio, nav, speaker amp, antennas/GPS ROM, tri-gauge pod, etc.

When I went to start the car, which started in it's usual manner my entire dash was lit up with error lights, SRS, Slip, VDC, seatbelt, blinking airbag, TPMS, ABS, E-Brake but no check-engine-light...

My gauges, fuel/temp/speed/tach showed no movement despite the engine running and no speed indication through a test drive.

I started by checking every single fuse in each of the three boxes. To get back to a known state - I disconnected the battery and started plugging peripherals back in. Reconnected the battery and started the car up. Lights off with the exception of a blinking airbag light (despite doing the airbag reset procedure) and the check-engine-light showing U1001, P0183 and P0462. I cleared the codes and restarted the engine…no more codes...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check the connection on the white A/C amp box and then reset the ECU (disconnect the neg. batter cable for 15 mins. or so).
Hey what does that do I'm having these codes on mine the u1001 and u1000 the date cable is messed up for the white box that the ac controls go to. my car runs but I have these codes and a couple others including the cam and crank sensors and APP sensor. Mostly worried about the u1001 and u1000

·
Super Moderator
1,856 Posts
Hey what does that do I'm having these codes on mine the u1001 and u1000 the date cable is messed up for the white box that the ac controls go to. my car runs but I have these codes and a couple others including the cam and crank sensors and APP sensor. Mostly worried about the u1001 and u1000
Resetting the ECM usually results in the system rescanning for trouble codes. But if your diagnostic system is displaying the cam and crank sensor codes, I'd be more worried about those.

BTW- rather than camp onto a long dead thread like this, it would help to start a new thread with specifics on your car and the problems you are encountering.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts