Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need you help with this install. I've pretty much searched a number of forums pertaining to this topic but any info that you guys might hav to help me with this install would be appreciated.

I've decided to keep the Bose HU for right now since I have a tight budget on MODS. (I just dropped $$$ on an engagement ring :)) Anyway my GF is giving me a Xenarc screen for Christmas and my sister is giving me a PS2. Oh yeah and I've already gotten a XM Radio from PowerXM.com I got an estimate on how much the installation and ****!!! They want
$200 LCD
$85 PS2
$80 XM Radio
$40 FM Modulator for XM
$40 XM Antenna

:headshake: :headshake:

I at least want to install the screen and PS2 myslef since I'm having them do a custom install on the XM. With the PS2, does anyone have any pics of their own install. I'm interested to see HOW it was mounted in the glove box. I am getting the newer version so I'm assuming it will fit nicely in the little cubby. Is it possible NOT to screw it down and just use STRONG double sided tape? This is just in case I want to change my set up later on.
With the Xenarc screen, does anyone have an actual write up of the install? I'm a little scared to do this since I've never done anything like this so any tips and tricks that you guys might have would be very helpful. THANKS!!!

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I always figured the original PS2 would fit nicely in what I call the Playstation compartments (the two small compartments behind the seats). I'm sure strong tape (like the 3M sh!t used with body kits) would hold well. But even that may be a b!tch to remove

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by DiRN@Nov 29 2004, 01:02 AM
I always figured the original PS2 would fit nicely in what I call the Playstation compartments (the two small compartments behind the seats).  I'm sure strong tape (like the 3M sh!t used with body kits) would hold well.  But even that may be a b!tch to remove

I never thought about that area, I might have to look into that.

You're right about the #M stuff but I would much rather deal with that than knowing that I've got holes in the glove box if I do decide to change out later on. :headshake:

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by chalupaZ@Nov 30 2004, 06:55 PM
Don't forget to go with the stealth install for the XM antenna (under one of the rear strut bar covers)

Thanks.
I am glad that I already know about this because all of the installers that I talked to said that theywould have to install it on the roof. :headshake: One of the guys actually started to argue with me that it will not pick up any reception. I basically told him tht it's my car and I know for a fact that installing it under the strut brace works just as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts