Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a bullshit ticket, and need the advice of an Attorney, anyone in Tucson recommend someone?

BTW, it was a Exhibition of Speed/Drag Racing ticket. And no, I was not drag racing. I was speeding (about 50 in a 45), but there was someone who was coming up fast behind me, so I can see why the cop thought it, the cop pulled me over and not the other driver... So I just can't afford to lose this fight!

Let me know...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Originally posted by DaTaSPiKe@Dec 12 2004, 10:40 PM
Got a bullshit ticket, and need the advice of an Attorney, anyone in Tucson recommend someone?

BTW, it was a Exhibition of Speed/Drag Racing ticket.  And no, I was not drag racing.  I was speeding (about 50 in a 45), but there was someone who was coming up fast behind me, so I can see why the cop thought it, the cop pulled me over and not the other driver... So I just can't afford to lose this fight!

Let me know...

When you go to court explain fully what happen to the judge.

·
Registered
305 Posts
What street were you on in Tucson. I know they are bad about going over the speed limit on Speedway.

I got a ticket in the past because a cop kept flying up on my ass in the pitch dark so I thought I was going to get car jacked so I hauled ass and after I broke 120 he hit his lights and gave me a ticket. In court the judge just asked at any point were you speeding. (My answer) Umm yes because the office kept flying up on the rear of my vehicle. He said well then you were speading pay for the ticket.

Ya, I was pissed!!!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Wow that sucks. My brother got stuck in the same situation - but not quite that bad. Some cop was tailgating us something terrible (we obviously didn't know it was a cop), so he sped up to about 60 in a 45, cop stayed RIGHT on our ass so finally my brother hit the brakes and started driving 35. That's when the cop threw his lights on... ended up letting him go with a warning, but WTF?

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Yeh, I have Ford Crown Victoria headlights imprinted into my head. There's no mistaking them. I've had some similar problems with cops, and the guys around here are horrible about stuff like that. I had one cop shake his finger at me when I looked over at him while passing him on the interstate. He was going 65 in a 70, and I was going 70. I was like WTF?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
****, I would definately fight this one. That sucks what happened. I hope it works out for you and you beat the ticket.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Getting an atty would probably cost more than paying the ticket but I understand the you want to prove him wrong. You might be able to do that without an atty. He wrote you up for the wrong stat. so do your homework on exactly what the statute says and present it to him that way. In past expierences the judge ends up making the cop look like a dumb ass for not citing the correct statute. And if he says you were dragging or reving your engine just deny it. You are both under oath at this point and his word against yours. You were doing a constant 5mph over the speed. and he should of cited you with that stat.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Originally posted by cedusett@Dec 13 2004, 10:11 AM
Wow that sucks.  My brother got stuck in the same situation - but not quite that bad.  Some cop was tailgating us something terrible (we obviously didn't know it was a cop), so he sped up to about 60 in a 45, cop stayed RIGHT on our ass so finally my brother hit the brakes and started driving 35.  That's when the cop threw his lights on... ended up letting him go with a warning, but WTF?

They must teach this tactic to cops. It happened to me too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
like z class stated...no atty needed (depending in what state you live in). just show up in court and deny it. how will they prove you were drag racing anyway.....just because your car looks fast! the cop was just playing hating you because u have the z and he doesn't....lol.

·
Registered
21 Posts
when they ride up your a$$ they are usually trying to match your speed in their car. in court this, along with a radar sensed speed, is pretty damning. at least this is what i have been told by police acquaintances, so i give them the benefit of the doubt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts