Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about replacing my factory head unit with something. Not anything with a screen. What would you suggest?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Alpine 9833. Many people here would prob agree. It has to be my fave I have ever owned .

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so if i got that and wanted to improve the sub and speakers what would you suggest for the speakers, sub and amp. I am new to all of that stuff, and need help.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
i just installed the Alpine CDA-9833 last night. i was in the same boat as you not wanting a screen, and i love it!! i got it shipped for $330 and it retails for $450 and it was brand new. i can give you the guy i bought it from off of EBAY to order it. i got it off of ebay and the seller had sold over 14,000 items and had very good feedback. it arrived in 3 days which told me they had great service

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be great. Thanks a lot. Did you end up changing the factory sub or anything? I think right now i just want to change the head unit and sub, for something a little better sounding.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
well i cant find the number but i will PM you his name on EBAY that i used to purchase it

check your PM

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Which one the Alpine 9833 or the Pioneer Premier DEH-960 MP. I was looking at the Pioneer before you guys suggested the Alpine.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
That was where Jaysen got the Alpine, but I noticed the guy's eBay store had a lot of Pioneer stuff in it too

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Jaysen, how does it look in your Z? I keep looking at the area where the HU would go, and seems like an awful lot of empty space would be created with an aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I saw it when it first went up. Sounds alright. I've never shopped on ebay, so I couldn't even begin to help you there. Still, Jaysen got the 9800 series for a lot less off ebay.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
yea thats exactly what it looks like and it also has the cubby hole under it :biggrin:

i got the 9833, for me that was all i needed!!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Thanks, Dirn. Nice cubby hole for more storage! Is that an extra piece that needs to be ordered?

Jaysen, can you PM the info to me about where you bought yours? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">It's the Metra kit. If you walk into any car audio store and say "I need an install kit for a 350Z" that's what they'll hand you</span>

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@Dec 12 2004, 12:32 PM
<span style="color:darkblue">It's the Metra kit.  If you walk into any car audio store and say "I need an install kit for a 350Z" that's what they'll hand you</span>

Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
138 Posts
You also can have the kit altered some to fit better since it's not the best fit for the Z.

I've got the 9835 and love it. You can change the buttons to match the interior amber lighting.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts