Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke my coin holder in the center console a couple of days ago and my local Nissan dealership wants to charge me $97 for it. Needless to say, I'm not going to pay for it.

Anyone know where I can get one? I found this ashtray at courtesyparts.com Ashtray , but I'm looking for the coin holder.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
We have an ashtray? I thought that was the coin holder...

:lol: That rectangular piece is the coin holder. I think the round piece goes in the pop-out cup holder. Strange...

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that ashtray is optional... I'm not really sure. Maybe it is the coin tray :dunno:

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
The ash tray is whats in my center console.. my pop out cup holder is busted :(

I always just considered the ash tray a coin holder

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Hazade@Dec 27 2004, 01:08 PM
The ash tray is whats in my center console.. my pop out cup holder is busted :(

I always just considered the ash tray a coin holder

I might end up doing that. I just figured the coin holder would be a little nicer.

The pop out cup holder is flimsy as ****, and expensive when it breaks too. I'm always afraid it's going to fall and Kendall's always putting like 32oz taco bell cups in it. :headshake:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Originally posted by LBSOHK@Dec 27 2004, 04:26 PM
my holder broke too ... I would say its rather cheap looking...

Funny ya'll mention the cup holder.... First thing I said to the salesman at the dealership.....What could he say? He did'nt design it.....I'm afraid to use it and break also.......Warranty any option for some of you? Just wondering.......Dave

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I hardly use the cup holder. The ones below my elbow are better suited for that. The ashtray is a better coin holder anyway.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'd say that the cup holder is made like a cheap toy, but there are cheap toys produced that are made better and more durable. So, I guess one could surmise that the cup holder is basically junk! AND it is. I won't even attempt use it. Regarding the coin holder, while that item would never win any prizes for its design - how does one end up breaking that thing?

What that car desperately needs is a REAL, in the front (passenger side) as is inclusive with 90% of every vehicle manufactured, GLOVE BOX! Yeah there’s storage in the back, but who likes putting every little thing back there? It’s always a drag when you need to quickly retrieve it.

I have taken that front dash panel off in the past. Guess what? There's plenty of room for that amenity to exist. The passenger airbag is located at the top of the dash. BUT, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Nissan must have saved plenty of $$$ on that big ticket item, right? YIKES!!!!

Whew, ……………I just had to get that one out. Thanks.
:doh:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Buddy aka redefined and his GF are kinda kinky. I can't think of any other reason that coin holder broke...:69: There goes my mind again; time to go peruse the Z babes section.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Dec 27 2004, 08:35 PM
Buddy aka redefined and his GF are kinda kinky.  I can't think of any other reason that coin holder broke...:69:  There goes my mind again; time to go peruse the Z babes section.

Well, I believe the ashtray has a little light in it. So it would be kind of like putting some light on your subject.
Now that would be pretty cool. (just in case he chose to get it all on video - of course)
:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Really? I've never seen a light in it unless you're talking about removing it from the console. I know the Z32 had a light...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Dec 27 2004, 08:51 PM
Really?  I've never seen a light in it unless you're talking about removing it from the console.  I know the Z32 had a light...

Yeah, the harness that runs near that location can provide that cute little addition for the ash tray. Maybe I'll find that info for you if you'd like.
BUT- I STILL want a front glove box. C'monnnnnnnnn Carlos!!!!
:headshake:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I'm always game for interesting little tidbits about the Z. Post it if you have it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Dec 27 2004, 09:02 PM
I'm always game for interesting little tidbits about the Z.  Post it if you have it. :thumbsup:

I knew I saw this information somewhere. Seek and yee shall find. Here ya go!
:shiftdrive:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Thanks! It's too late to look now, but I'll be sure to check that out tomorrow.

:cheers:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts