Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, im seriously thinking of buying a daily driver

i sold the C43 a while ago, it was just too much $$$ to have parked outside rotting away, not to mention drank the petrol like crazy with the V8

im thinking something around 25K, a 4 banger

surfing the net and found this, looks pretty sexc for a cheap car, full leather, 18s, love the color too

what do u think?

http://carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!c...rch_distance=25

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
My mum has the previous model Astra - not a bad car except for the front seats (very uncomfortable) and the car goes into neutral when stopped (takes half a second to accelerate from stanstill once you push the acccelerator, which is bad when you're looking to take a small gap and turn across traffic).

This model looks nice enough, but I'd want to see the quality of the plastics used in the new model and drive it to analyse performance, before passing critical comment.

How much is a 2nd hand Honda Accord Euro - that would be my choice for 25K.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im going to go drive one next sat

re Accord, too old man for me

i want something new and chique

ive always liked the facelifted reno clio sports, but i think its too raw for a daily

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I will second the Mini.... if you can scretch your budget to around 30K, you can get yourself a nice Mini Cooper S... a mini with an extra "S" adds more fun!

Wait for the new Yaris from Toyota... they look NIICE.. OR you can go for a current version Corolla Sportivo (limited edition and assume they still have a brand new one in stock for 29K drive away) and rev that VVTi engine all the way to 8000rpm! That's a little rocket for you on the street!

Sportivo...

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/&#...rch_distance=25

or

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/&#...rch_distance=25

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol rich, i dont want to be embarrassed driving it to work, definitely no little buzz box

the mini's are great little cars, my mate had one when they first came out, but servicing is too expensive and i want a new car with a warranty as a daily

the astra coupe has alot more prestige on the road than a jazz, echo, or corolla.....to me those are the equivalent of a barina

·
Registered
188 Posts
Mrs LK's got a Mazda 3 Maxx Sport. I've driven it heaps lately. Could use a little more power (std engine) but very nice handling - and the best looking car of those in it's class. Did some comparisons with the Astra and the 3 was miles ahead.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I drive my wife's Kluger when I've had enough of the Zed.

Very comfy and relaxed.... got to remember to stay awake though....very easy to froget yourself in the music and lack of bumps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
How about a VW Polo GTI? Released at the Sydney Motor Show on Saturday, RRP $26,990. 1.8T engine and weighs only 1100kg. 110kw stock, add a chip and you'll get 145kw. Looks like a Golf GTI.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts