Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Impressions please. Who did the install? Was it easy? Was it worth it?

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
They are good for around 100hp tuned, but the main reason to get a Stillen SC is reliability. Extremely streetable and worry free. The same units go on AMG's and Jag's.

·
Registered
33 Posts
They are good for around 100hp tuned, but the main reason to get a Stillen SC is reliability. Extremely streetable and worry free. The same units go on AMG's and Jag's.
plus you get to put on that big cool looking cowl hood
:doh:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Will be - very - very soon. Stage IV - and yes - with a "hood!"

Time to go C6 Hunting. :irock:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
No. No Z06's!

By the way, I don't see any strut brace on that SC engine bay.???

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Okay - here's more "fuel" for thought:

Stillen has 3 stages of SC's. (a Stage 4 is forthcoming)

A Stage 1 gives about 82 hp at the crank. No intercooler needed. Price - about $3,800.

A Stage 3 gives about 125 hp - and requires you to install their headers (about $700 without labor) to be able to get their 3 year engine warranty. The Stage 3 lists for about $5700.

So - is an extra 42 hp worth about $3k ? (or needed?)

I just had 3.91 gears installed. I'm thinking (based on my ride home!) that I'd be wiser to opt for the Stage 1 system.

I don't plan on any serious drag racing - and the car is a daily driver.

Thoughts?

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Yep. What I was thinking .. mine is also my daily driver. Go with the Stage 1 .. you could always upgrade to Stage 2 later .. but I'm thinking that based on my own drive to and from work .. that Stage 1 bump in HP would be ... verrra nice!

·
Registered
853 Posts
I have a stillen hood for sale painted chrome silver in mint condition.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Update: Stillen will not warrantee a Stage I installation.

Therefore - we're back to a Stage II.

Sigh - I'm afraid the rear Toyos won't be happy about this. :irock:

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Why will they not warentee it. Is it because stage 1 does not come with a intercooler. What kind of price are you getting for the stage 2

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
I wouldn't do any FI without an Intercooler..

Ruf,
the stillen SC will require you to use a different type of strut tower bar. The sc is in the way for the oem and most aftermarket.

So add a stillen stb and hood to your cart and checkout. :wink:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Yeah - it appears that I'll be going with a Stage III setup. (same price - about $5800P - as a Stage II - but you have to buy their headers for a III installation for the warranty)

My shop - Kinston Nissan - says they'll install the headers for free if I have the SC installed there.

So - apparently, I'll be looking at a clutch/flywheel in the next 6 months! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Yes - and the strut bar!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts