Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, this is my first post, ive been lurking around here for a months now as im deciding what to buy now that ive sold my BMW E46 323Ci. The Z is one car in a long list that also includes 147GTA, RX8, Monaro and the current chart topper R32....i love that M3 raspy note and build quality

Getting back on topic, a mate of mine gave me a Navman 510 for Christmas, but its a US model and as such doesnt have Australia maps. He assures me i can find someone here in Aus with a Navman and give them some monetary encouragement to send me a copy of the maps

So guys i ask of you, does anyone here have a Navman and is interested in some pocket money in exchange for the maps? Or can you steer me somewhere that can help me out

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks, Sebastian

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CAR, when do u need the US maps by?

Im in Syd atm, and wont be back home for another 2-3 weeks

Can you also tell me what version the Aus maps are. A swap should work beautifully :thumbsup:

·
Registered
889 Posts
I have the MapTrax CD for 2004 and the Topo maps. But not sure if this is the correct CD as this used to be the software that was used for the navman sleeve for the iPAQ.

Anyway while on this topic if anyone has the new CD for the VDO units which is the same unit in the BMW I would be interested in a newer version.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry to take so long to reply - been vegging out over the break. I'm going to LA and NY in May - was thinking of hiring the mew Mustang and doing a bit of a drive around. I will check the version - they should be up to date as they 1 month old.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just read about the new Mustang in car, looks pretty cool, but id be doing LA in a new Vette :thumbsup:

This swap should work well, do we just make a simple copy of the CD using Nero?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yes. I'll do it tonight. Motor had a good article about the Mustang....We are restoring a 65 convertable at the moment. Total restoration to concourse. So far all panels are straight and undercoated - rust (small as it was ) has been removed (my welding too). Boot interior has been painted - 3 coats of base (rub back each time) and 3 coats of clear!
Genuine Mstang red with red carpets, white seats & dash - and white soft top. Every panel has been done - even inside doors, boot everything. Fuel tank is not painted in original so my son polished the steel and sealed with 3 coats of 2 pack clear - the contrast with glossy chassis and panels to the polished steel is awesome! Rebuilt the V8 to complete new status.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow im impressed dude, the car sounds magic, good luck with it :clap:

i really like the older classics, especially the old Italian Alfa and Fiat spiders, but they cost too much to run and maintain

just booked my flights back home, so ill be leaving in exactly 2weeks

feel free to email me on [email protected] from now on :thumbsup:

cheers

·
Registered
235 Posts
NAVMAN iCN 630 is the worst heap of SHITE ever.

I've never taken a trip that the bloody thing doesn't loose itself - even around-town shopping expeditions can be a hassle.

It recalculates its error and takes you back to start and immediately repeats the error.

It uses Sensis software, but I reckon it's old stuff, full of errors.

My GARMIN is 100's times better.

Tell everyone you know - don't touch NAVMAN !

FRIZZLE

:flush:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah but the Garmin looks like an 80s Atari :jk:

no seriously i dont like the look of the streetpilot, its like a mini imac screen, and just wouldnt feel comfortable carrying around

how did u find reception of the 630? Did u have to mount it on the windscreen, or will it still work down in the ashtray?

·
Registered
235 Posts
The bloody thing sometimes takes 5 minutes to access the satellites - other times quite fast.

In open areas, works most times on the passenger seat - but that's risky because a bit of a dab on the brakes and it's on the floor!

Don't buy one - they're shite - wait for a new model or something!

FROZZL

Mr NAVMAN:

Attachments

·
Registered
785 Posts
Try travroute gps software. Latest edition uses sensis maps (which when I researched were the best). Very fast load, also very fast recalculation of route....Still no gps software is foolproof, and it does give you wrong info sometimes, almost like a Pakistany cab driver!!
Nah, not as bad!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts