Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have searched and only found other articles about adding Navigation to your car, so if it's already answered I am sorry. I recently disconnected the battery and now the Navigation says that I am in LA when I am in Portland / Vancouver area. I went into the settings and adjusted the current location and I think I was pretty accurate when setting it but now the area that represents my car just keeps spinning place and not going anywhere. When I ask the system where am I it says that this feature is not available right now but to keep driving. Any help would be appreciated. :helpsmilie:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay so I finally figured out the problem and after reading just about everything in the manual concerning the audio system as well as the navigation. This might also interest other people because I have seen the question a million times is it possible to use the navigation (that is set your destination) while you are driving. It is possible, the previous owner had done some mods to the car which I knew after looking under the dash and trying to gain access to the ECM. I noticed some wires had been spliced and I thought that the car had a aftermarket system or something of that sort because the wire that would come from the remote trunk switch located in the glove compartment where cut and some other wires where routed into the switch. I did the self diagnostic and it for some reason kept saying that the speed signal was off and I had noticed that ever since I got the car, while when the system initialized it then I believe has to "re-learn the area" because now with the speed signal off the car will no longer move on the map. I will test my theory in the next couple days as I drive around, for now I must switch it on and off when needed. I hopefully will be able to let everyone know what wire is needed to make this mod. If someone else gets the chance to go looking by all means, I just thought that this would let you know that it can be done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts