Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have the stock navigation system, if not, why? Also what is included with the stock nav? Would you of prefer an after market one? i didnt get one, but wished i had one. Driving here in dallas texas can be a pain in the butt!!

·
Registered
538 Posts
I did not get one, but also wish I had. Did not think it was worth it at the time. I would be interested in hearing opinions on the best aftermarket nav systems.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Yeah, I have been using it quite a bit in rental cars lately and it really is useful. The systems that have audio are the best...program in where you are going and it talks you through it.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I do not have the factory NAV, didnt want it because I plan on going aftermarket. Right now I am looking at the IN-Z-PC. (will get it regardless of NAV choice), but another option I looked into is the Pioneer NAV system. It has full voice interaction! and the screen is fully customizeable. Also, instead of just showing you an overhead map, it shows a driver camera angle

Not sure on the part number. But yes NAV is fun and helpful.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I didn't get it and it wasn't an option on the base model (and the price is too high). I like aftermarket LCD screens with modded Xboxs. Once I get enough money, I'll do a 2 LCD screen set up (replacing the stock HU with a screen).

·
Registered
83 Posts
I suggest the Pioneer Avic-N1 if you decide that u want to put a NAV in. It will also play DVD's and hooks up and shows u performance info. u can get it on ebay for like 1500. it looks nice and it is touch screen. there are many more features but it is late and I'm not gonna list them all.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Although I have a stock NAV unit, and am pleased with it's operation, I wish now that I had that space available for the e-manage that comes with the GReddy TT. If you have thoughts of going F/I (with GReddy TT) and have not yet purchased your Z, I would advise against purchase of the OEM NAV. Other F/I applications can install gauges in the NAV location, if a stealth apperance is their goal. Aftermarket navigation systems are offering more and better features as the demand increases.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well one thing that is nice is having the ability to find a gas station or restaurant when you are on a road trip and it looks like there isn't a thing for miles. Oh and my favorite is when you gotta ditch the cops in an unfamiliar area.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Do you have the stock navigation system, if not, why? Also what is included with the stock nav? Would you of prefer an after market one? i didnt get one, but wished i had one. Driving here in dallas texas can be a pain in the butt!!
+1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts