Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going NA until I have done all the mods I want(such as a stoptech big brake kit) and I was thinking of putting in the engine/exhaust:
Kinetix SSV Pletnum
Pletnum spacers(any rec.?)
Underdrive Pullies
HKS Racing Suction KIt
Borla Headers
APS 3'' Exhaust
3.91 gear ratios
Possibly New software
Possibly New Camshafts

Any other recomendations? I was thinking camshafts, but they woud void my warranty right?

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
well first, you can't get the kinetix plenum AND a spacer. It's either or. The spacers are made to be used w/ the oem plenum for maximizing the air intake flow. And just a recommendation, there are cheaper intakes than that HKS, and they all do the same thing.....just my $0.02

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
PS here is a link concerning the warranty being voided........click here

an outtake:
The Law

Federal law sets forth requirements for warranties and contains a number of provisions to prevent vehicle manufacturers, dealers and others from unjustly denying warranty coverage. With regard to aftermarket parts, the spirit of the law is that warranty coverage cannot be denied simply because such parts are present on the vehicle, or have been used(see Attachment A).The warranty coverage can be denied only if the aftermarket part caused the malfunction or damage for which warranty coverage is sought. Disputes in this area usually boil down to arguments over facts and technical opinions, rather than arguments over interpretations of the law.
They can't just void your warranty "just because"....:lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Those selections are alright, but how are you getting the money for all of those parts? Just wondering because you look a little young...

Anyways.. its not even worth getting a warranty if you are planning on extensively modifying your car. As stated above, parts do not void warrantys, but the more you mod the car, the more troubles you will run into which could lead to something going wrong, and if your car is modded when you run into a problem you can't easily fix by hand, the stealership will cut your warranty off. Since you haven't even bought the car yet... Look for a used one so you dont have to deal with stealerships.

Also, since going from a miata to a 350z is a big change, especially for a very inexperienced permit driver, I suggest driving the car for a while so you get used to the car and the power before you start modding it. Maybe in that spare time you can get a job to pay for the parts? :)

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I am going NA until I have done all the mods I want(such as a stoptech big brake kit) and I was thinking of putting in the engine/exhaust:
Kinetix SSV Pletnum
Underdrive Pullies
HKS Racing Suction KIt
Borla Headers
APS 3'' Exhaust
3.91 gear ratios
Possibly New software
Possibly New Camshafts

Any other recomendations? I was thinking camshafts, but they woud void my warranty right?
Like Jinxxycat said, you can't get the spacer and the intake manifold. They void eachother out.

What do you mean new software? Engine management or a reflash?

I would think camshafts wouldn't be too good for the warranty. What are your long term goals? Single or twin turbos or supercharger?

You also might want to look into the Crawford headers. I've heard great reviews about them and the gains they give you. Instead of new camshafts, why don't you think about a lightweight flywheel/clutch combo? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
From everything I have heard about the size of the 3" APS exhaust, is it is too big for N/A. Don't forget, you need backpressure that would be decreased substantially with the 3" exhaust.

I have done some research on the lightweight underdrive pulley, and after hearing other people's experiences with this modification, I would not assume this to be safe.

Headers of any type are a bitch to install, cost (of installation) way exceeds gains on our cars. Instead I would consider the Crawford high flow catalytic converters (h-f cats). I just had them installed and love them! Easier, and less costly, to install than headers, and provides a better match with a full exhaust replacement IMO.

As far as camshafts, I would think of this mod to be more extreme, and again, the cost to benefit ratio is off.

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Naturally Aspirated:

This is the same route I've chosen. To date I've done the Nismo exhaust, Nismo Flywheel and Clutch plate, TEIN Flex system with EDFC module, Stoptech big brake kit with stainless lines and the Nismo Cams. I'm also looking for the Kinextix SSV intake (hopefully somebody has one I can buy as I don't want to wait 2 months to get one) and my car drives like a dream.

The flywheel and clutch have had the largest impact IMHO as it revs much faster and the clutch engages much nicer than the factory unit.

I'm using the same theory in that there is little point in going really fast if you cannot slow down and/or turn a corner.

Peace,

Dean

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those selections are alright, but how are you getting the money for all of those parts? Just wondering because you look a little young...

Anyways.. its not even worth getting a warranty if you are planning on extensively modifying your car. As stated above, parts do not void warrantys, but the more you mod the car, the more troubles you will run into which could lead to something going wrong, and if your car is modded when you run into a problem you can't easily fix by hand, the stealership will cut your warranty off. Since you haven't even bought the car yet... Look for a used one so you dont have to deal with stealerships.

Also, since going from a miata to a 350z is a big change, especially for a very inexperienced permit driver, I suggest driving the car for a while so you get used to the car and the power before you start modding it. Maybe in that spare time you can get a job to pay for the parts?
Well, Ive driven my dads corvette a lot for about a year, and hes lettin me use his winter car(the miata) because he got an Escalade for winter. And I am driven the miata until I get the Z. And As for the money part I have at my dads practice, and I work a lot, and I save every penny. And I noticed your user name is isupra, I geuss your on www.i-supra.com.

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
Kinetix SSV Pletnum
Underdrive Pullies
HKS Racing Suction KIt
Borla Headers
APS 3'' Exhaust
3.91 gear ratios
Possibly New software
Possibly New Camshafts

You wanna talk mods pro's & con's - take a trip over to Crawford Z Car Service. Ask for Doug Stewart.
Then ask any question you want. http://www.crawfordzcar.com/
Don't worry about him trying to sell you his parts - just ask your questions & LISTEN to what the man has to say.

Best of Luck to you.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the recomendation! Thats not to far away from where I live, so I dont have to go to the dealership or some other shop that only knows stuff about civics.

I would think camshafts wouldn't be too good for the warranty. What are your long term goals? Single or twin turbos or supercharger?
You also might want to look into the Crawford headers. I've heard great reviews about them and the gains they give you. Instead of new camshafts, why don't you think about a lightweight flywheel/clutch combo?
I was gonna go with the speed force racing tt. But not till my waranty is gone. And as for the lightweight flywheel/clutch combo, I totally forgot! :doh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts