Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pondering to get nitrous on my 350. People have told me that the car can handle a good amount of a wet shot for direct port. what do I need to get to prep my Z for this? Should i go one or two ranges colder for spark plugs? How much shots can it take?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Save your money for a TT or SC kit..N2O is expensive and inconsistant...As well as dangerous..Plus everyone will ask you if you "GOT NAWS YO?"

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[/quote]

i saw some NX Kits that had a lot more beef than a 50-75 shot. It was direct port. Is it adviseable not to get more for fear of blowing the engine? i was under the impression that the Z could handle a lot more.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[/quote]

I've talked to some stores that sell and install NOS. They say NOS is safe if installed correctly with the proper safety measures. Are you thinking of installation of kits that aren't direct port? direct port is safe and there is even distribution. thoughts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
NOS is safe and reliable... I've been runnig a 100 wet shot in my car for over a year and have even run a 125 shot at the track for a couple of passes. Check my sig for everything you need to run a safe system for the Z. You can view my install post on 350Zforum.com as well.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]

i saw some NX Kits that had a lot more beef than a 50-75 shot. It was direct port. Is it adviseable not to get more for fear of blowing the engine? i was under the impression that the Z could handle a lot more.
<div align="right">[snapback]77385[/snapback]
[/quote]
I wouldn't do more than a 50-75-shot on a stock internals motor.

Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[/quote]

<div align="right">[snapback]77385[/snapback]
[/quote]
I wouldn't do more than a 50-75-shot on a stock internals motor.

Just my .02 cents.
<div align="right">[snapback]77442[/snapback]
[/quote]

How would you go about prepping the stock engine?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Much like FI, NOS can be safe, but its expensive to do it correctly. Like the TT kits, you cant just slap them on a run. Carefull tuning, installation, and preventative measure are required to make everything work safely.

Good luck!

·
Registered
54 Posts
you'll need a few things other than the basic kit.

-pressure guage
-bottle heater
-purge valve
-blowdown tube
-window switch
-fuel line adapter
-one stage colder spark plugs

you can run nitrous on the car reliably if you do it right the first time. just dont cut any corners

1 - 11 of 11 Posts