Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this was posted before but I couldn't find it. Does anyone have the numbers for the different TT Kits available for the 350Z. Price, HP, ect. I have seen many different kits but want to make sure im not getting a POS for my new ride.

All the kits seem pretty pricey so I was wondering what the main differneces btw them were. Also is there a seperate EMS for the 350 or just piggy-back

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
So far there is no seperate CPU for the 350z as of yet, but supposedly AEM will be coming out with one soon. There are a few piggy backs available right now, some that come with the TT kits and others that are sold seperately. As for a comparision on HP numbers... You have your main three TT kits, APS, PE and Greddy. I would say that the quality for all three is listed in the previous order, and that goes for the price as well with APS being the highest. But you get what you pay for in terms of reliablilty. There hasn't been any real comparision between all three kits yet, but I would assume that APS has the best chance of making teh most HP because of its design. As for getting price quotes, hit up our vendors and they will be more than happy to help you out.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kool. I appreciate all the info. Checked out the APS write-up from the vendor and think that they got a great setup. Have to save up the dough since the price is very high.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
There is one standalone out right now, it's the HKS F-Con V-Pro. Although it is possible to get a MoTeC M600 or M800, you would have to get a very very professional tuner to wire this up and tune it. HKS makes a supercharger, not a twin turbo kit, just so you know. AEM should be releasing the EMS sometime this year (keep checking the AEM forums to get updates).

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
This was posted on November 15th, 04 on that board...

"We've had an EMS running in parallel, sync'd but not actually controlling the engine yet. Before going further, we had to design a custom piece of diagnostic equipment. That work is finished but we're waiting for parts from our vendors. Should have the diagnostic tool up and running in 4-5 weeks. From that point if all goes well, the car should be running a week or so later. These cars are pretty complex. Even when we do have it up and running, we won't know whether we have a winner or not until we can tune a HEAVILY modified car. It all looks do-able though...just takes time.

There's actually quite a bit of room (relatively speaking) under the dash. We may have to include some kind of bracket arrangement to mount both ECU's. To be honest though...right now mounting the ECU is the least of our worries. I wish that was the only thing we had left to sort out. "

Also, this guy is ridiculous, he's one of the tuners at AEM, here's a quote: "If it had been produced with a turbo I'd be interested. However no turbo and elephant ear like door handles pretty much turned me right off. The G35 coupe looks pretty sweet though but there's still that no turbo thing. Sure, I could turbocharge it - for a zillion bux. No thanks, I'll wait till they get it right before considering it Fingers crossed for a new SKyline GT-R to hit our shores in FI AWD form."

A quote from a tuner at AEM on November 11th, 2004: "We are currently working on an EMS for the 350Z/G35 applications but do not have a release date at this time since this project is still in the engineering stage. As soon as we have a date, we will post it here on the Forum."

Another quote from a tuner at AEM: "Unfortunately, the best estimate is 6-12 months from now. This is a very active project though...just lots of work to do. "

Nov. 16th, same guy: "The 350Z application (along with a few others we're working on right now as well) will maintain the factory ECU for communication over the databus and DBW control. It will still plug into the factory harness like any other application but we'll probably have a short harness branched off the EMS that will connect to the stock ECU. This way, we can take control of all the outputs while sharing enough stuff with the stock computer to keep it happy and talking over the databus for things like gauge cluster control, HVAC control, etc. "

·
Registered
171 Posts
In all honesty... I would say that you are pretty safe going with all three kits listed earlier. Greddy, Power Enterprise, and APS all have great products. I personally chose the greddy. All the kits are gonna be able to produce roughly the same numbers. None of them are sporting huge turbos so they will get maxed out about the same horsepower levels.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]
I wouldn't say so. The Turbonetics starts spooling at 3500rpms (it's a single (T60-1)), not sure about the APS single turbo, it should be on the web site.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Nov. 16th, same guy: "The 350Z application (along with a few others we're working on right now as well) will maintain the factory ECU for communication over the databus and DBW control. It will still plug into the factory harness like any other application but we'll probably have a short harness branched off the EMS that will connect to the stock ECU. This way, we can take control of all the outputs while sharing enough stuff with the stock computer to keep it happy and talking over the databus for things like gauge cluster control, HVAC control, etc. "

Does he mean like the one the APS kit comes with??Thats available now..I heard somewhere that AEM abandoned their 350Z fuel rails cause they will not be seen underneath the hood..WTF?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I got bored...

(All according to manufactor)
Greddy - 411 RWHP
APS TT - 427.1 RWHP (this wasn't at stock boost, I can't find a base psi dyno)
Power Enterprise - 380 RWHP
ATI Procharger - 356 RWHP
Vortech - 412 RWHP
Stillen (Stage 3) - 339 RWHP
Turbonetics - 385 RWHP
APS Single Turbo - 386.4 RWHP
Ultimate Racing - (nothing listed on the website)

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
[/quote]

**** good work.. we need to make this a sticky.. also we should try to break this down for stock cars.. stock boost on stock car with no tuning? then stock boost on stock car with tuning?

·
Registered
54 Posts
So which one these are reliable to us. I mean these cost a lot, some makes more HP then the others, but let's say installed by professional, which one worth the money you spend??? Cause I have heard some people saying that some TT or SC last only 50,000 miles or so???

but I want one of these on my Zzzzzzz.

:monkey:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
What i'll try to do, is search for dyno's on all of the forums and see dyno's for every turbo kit for stock + turbo kit, and then stock + turbo kit + tuned. One off the top of my head:

APS: Tuned - 500rwhp, 11psi.

I get bored pretty often, so within a week I should have all of them. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Comparing power output of these kits is an exercise in madness! :)

First, you have people using a wide array of different dynos in different parts of the countries on different days. You've got the dynapacks, the mustang dynos, the dyno dynamic dyno, dynojet, etc...etc...

To add to the confusion, people are running different boost levels, different fuel systems, and different states of tune.

This throws so much variability into the mix, that is it virtually impossible to determine which car makes more power...even comparing curves is not possible, due to the way the load based vs. inertial based dynos measure power.

So unless you can get the 4 kits together on the same day....same boost...and same dyno...same calribration settings, it will be impossible to answer this question. And even then...some people may have their cars better tuned that others...some migh secretely be running C16..etc..etc.. :)

I think all the kits are great...and you have to decide for yourself which is the "best" for you. Becuase the best kit for one person, is not necessarily the best kit for another person.

I will say the APS kit is the most complete kit out of the box...but that's it. :)

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]
I couldn't agree more, but, this does give people a general idea of what each kit could produce.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
All good information..Keep it comming :)

How long can u run the TT kit for on a Z. I would hate to spend the 10G to get turbo kit and then have to get another one 50,000 miles later :(

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]
You can probably run the TT kit for a long time. More than likely the engine will need to rebuilt before you have to buy a new turbo kit. Although I could see the kit getting an air leak somewhere at sometime.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts