Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For some reason I always thought the Z would end like this, on an accident, and it finally happened 4 weeks ago.
I was driving on Beltway 8 in Houston, on the thrid EZ tag lane from left to right and a lady tried to cross at the very last moment from the lane at my left to the lane at my right in order to avoid the $10 administrative fine for passing the EZ tag lanes without a tag. Main problem was that the plastic (or aluminum?) poles they have there to divide the high speed lanes from the full service lanes were already too close and she crossed in front of me at probably 10 feet and braking in order to avoid the poles. I was doing 65 mph, she was doing probably 40 or 35 mph at the moment she moved in front of me. I had a truck approaching on the left and stopped cars not to far to the right so I just hit the brakes and hit her. Those airbags hit really hard on the face, my nose was feeling weird for a week.
She made two complete spins and ended crossed between two lanes, my car continued moving for another 50 yards or so and ended between another two lanes, I'm surprised everybody was able to avoid us. It was a little scary when the traffic around us cleared because those who didn't know what happened were approching at high speed, a couple of them almost hit each other but furtonately nothing happened and a service truck was there a couple of minutes later.
I'm still thinking if I'm getting another Z or something else, I have been looking for another white one, or maybe black, manual here in Houston and haven't found anything so far.

0321001832.jpg

0321001832a.jpg

0321001844.jpg

·
Registered
346 Posts
When I get another Z I'm avoiding Beltway 8. It's like the Bermuda Triangle for Z's. My wreck happened on Beltway 8 @ JFK. I know how you feel looking for a Z I too have been looking since my wreck. Manuals 07+ seem to be rare right now in Houston area.

Glad you are ok. :)

·
Registered
516 Posts
WoW seeing these pix are like reminds me of ^ V8 wreck.
You're right V8 the beltway 8 is the Bermuda Triangle for Z cars :(

·
Registered
346 Posts
WoW seeing these pix are like reminds me of ^ V8 wreck.
You're right V8 the beltway 8 is the Bermuda Triangle for Z cars :(

Such different wrecks yet both of us walked away. My Steering wheel bag didn't deploy, only the side curtains on the driver side.

This is why I want another Z. Some people don't understand that.

Question: "Why would you want another one after a wreck like that"?

Answer: "Because the car itself saved my life".

I guess until you have been that close, you can't understand.

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
Dayum, that's painful to look at. But as said above, glad you are ok and agreed about getting another one. I have seen some pretty wicked wrecks where the driver came out fine - a testimony to our cars for sure.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
What did they do to the lady if anything. Did she get ticketed? Maybe sterilized? License suspended for life? I hope so.

Glad to see that you're still looking for a Z and can type. :cheers:

·
Registered
31 Posts
That sucks, some a hole just hit a good friend of mine in his Z and now he is getting seperated from the Marine Corps because of the injuries he sustained.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Lol, Bermuda Triangle for Z's.
You are right V8, is not easy to find manual Z's in Houston these days.
And I agree with you, at least in my wreck I can say the Z behaved very well, and obviously in yours too. A couple of days after my wreck one of the company cheap Kia Rios that we use for the visitors was involved in an accident at 30 mph and the damage was not too different.

She got a ticket, SmoothZ. She is from Chicago and her insurance company is one of those small local companies, so dealing with them was a PITA, but they already paid past week.

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
Pretty sure that after a year+ that car is long gone, lol.

·
Registered
34 Posts
:eek: **** that totally blows man, sorry for ur loss aswell. brings back memories of my wreck...but that was because of my stupid a$$ :doh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts