Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my 04 track edition Z... but it is has gone to crap in the last 2 months. It has 10k and has some
1) serious roas noise ( probably feathering)
2) 5th gear is grinding
3) CD player will not eject CD

Mine was built in 12/03.

anybody have any suggestions. I am taking it to the dealer in a week or two to see if they can do anything about my problems....

:lmfao:

·
Registered
598 Posts
i had my tranny replaced at 45k because of fith gear doing the same thing. its under warranty might as well use it. the other day my cd player totally freaked out, it wouldnt advance songs or anything the only thing that i would do is play and eject, i got mad one afternoon and threw a couple of jabs at it and it works great. get new tires. bridgestones are junk.
mdzowner

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Don't worry, all those issues will be addressed under warranty and fixed.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Still a pain though. I am having the same complaints now too. I had a list of 10 issues which I have finally gotten down to 3. However, those remaining three are pretty major and I simply do not have time to go back to the dealer. That is what kills me. Having to take time to go to the dealer and wait for them to say "okay, we ordered the parts and we need you back here in a week".

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hate to say it but get used to all the problems...I just got rid of my '03 350Z...mine had all the issues you had and more the Bose system had to be changed 7 time (you think they would figiure it out). I have a STACK of the service sheets when I had to go back and forth to Nissan I think the last time I counted I had 45 (many of those sheets had mutiple problems)

Yeah it's great and all that it is under warranty but then you have to come back and you have to wait....Nissan doesn't appreciate people time...the service is less than desired.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'll keep my Z as long as it won't breakdown like my ex-Rustang and Camaros did in the middle of the road. Which I think is very unlikely. I expect the reliablity to surpass PoOches.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I took it to the shop.. uit has now been there for a week and they have not really done anything except oil change and changed the suspension plates which i apparently messed up...
The have ordered the tires for my.. i will be the first Z owner in PR to have my wheels replaced according to the dealership. They say they are ordering a new tranny and radio for me...
I pay a lot every month for my car and for it to be in the shop for a week over this crap just makes me sick.. I now have to wait for an authorized warranty person to come to the dealershipo and check out my car..
So now I still have a bunch of problems with my Z and he service sucks... i really miss my car
anybody have any suggestions?

thanks,

dan

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
yes, we all pay alot to have our car in the shop, but when you buy a new model that is aggressive as the Z, you have to be ready for this kind of stuff

I have had

3 sets of tires in 21.5K miles
1 Tranny replacement this week (but 4 visits to the dealer on it)
2 stereo replacements before I put in the Alpine
1 cranksensor replacment
1 rear TSB for clicking
1 gas cover due to alignment

and several other things, but every time I get her back, it was worth the time in the shop and I enjoy driving her more than ever!

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
I gotta get mine in for service, she seems to be creaking a little over bumps and into the driveway....sounds like from the front tho? Oh well, the price we pay for our Z's, when you get her back you will appreciate her so much more. I have had no problems w/ the road noise/feathering since I got a good alignment and rims/rubber. :cheers:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey I've got the 5th gear grind and my CD player ejects cds at random and then won't let them eject when I want to. Plus my seats have worn. Can someone direct me to some TSBs cause they are replacing my CD player but say the 5th gear isn't a documented prob, and have never heard of the cloth seat tsb. Got an 03' with 02 build date. I just don't have that much time to search thru the internet right now so help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by Westby@Sep 23 2005, 01:39 PM
Hey I've got the 5th gear grind and my CD player ejects cds at random and then won't let them eject when I want to. Plus my seats have worn. Can someone direct me to some TSBs cause they are replacing my CD player but say the 5th gear isn't a documented prob, and have never heard of the cloth seat tsb. Got an 03' with 02 build date. I just don't have that much time to search thru the internet right now so help would be appreciated.
[snapback]157594[/snapback]​

Yep, here is the link

·
Registered
14 Posts
Faulty third gear sencro. tranny replacement @ 5300 miles.
Front tires replaced through TSB.
Driver & passenger door automatic window roll up module replaced.
*NEW* Possible suspension problems brought to my attention recently( Clicking sounds from suspension).

Who knows what's next. If i didn't love my Z so much, i'd get rid of it. I tell you what though, i'm going to extend my warrenty that's for sure cause i know that this is just the start.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Faulty third gear sencro. tranny replacement @ 5300 miles.
Front tires replaced through TSB.
Driver & passenger door automatic window roll up module replaced.
*NEW* Possible suspension problems brought to my attention recently( Clicking sounds from suspension).

Who knows what's next. If i didn't love my Z so much, i'd get rid of it. I tell you what though, i'm going to extend my warrenty that's for sure cause i know that this is just the start.
Sorry, i forgot to mention that i have a 2003 Pikes Peaks White, Track Model 350Z with 11,000.00 current miles on it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
do these problems occur on 04 and above models? just want to to know coz i got a pre-owned 04 basic and i need to punish the car a bit to see if these things would eventually appear. i dont want to pay money for something that was a manufacturer or design defect. you buy a car (like if its brand new), you get to have at least 3 years with no hassles before you even encounter such problems. that was the case with hondas and toyota (or i may be wrong). thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts