Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, my wife backed her Cherokee right into the front fender of my brand new Z! :doh: Put a big dent (about 12"x3") right along the wheel well crease on the right fender. God am I pissed.

Since the left side of our driveway is covered by the bricks we're using to build a patio, it's temporarily a single lane driveway. I was parked behind the bricks on the left. She came backing out on the right side and forgot to look before smashing into my baby.

She was almost afraid to tell me but did anyway, and I FREAKED! She's been in the dog house ever since. Anyway, I took it to my buddy's paint & body shop right away. Basically, they suggested replacing the entire fender, painting it and part of the passenger door to blend the color together. Is it really necessary to paint a door that wasn't even touched?

Anyway, the whole thing is gonna cost me $600 after a friendly discount. The local shop just happened to have a daytona blue fender from an 05' Z they added a wide body kit to so I got that for only $130! Could be worse, I guess. The thing I hate most is they're gonna have to remove the front bumper, headlight, underbody, passenger door, etc. to do this. Basically, take the whole side apart, paint it and put it back together. Needless to say, I'm bummed. :cry:

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Sorry to read about the mishap. Glad to hear you are getting a deal on the bumper, but I would be wary. I don't know anything about paint, but surely they will have to remove the DB...and a new OEM is not really that expensive.

In any event...good luck. Make sure the body shop uses PPG paint. The correct code is PPG# BC 5873 B (sparkley silver). The clear coat (or base, I can't remember, but the shop should know) needs to be DBC...NOT Global.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I would suggest getting the other panel next to it painted.....if you don't you may notice the difference in the colors. Just my .02 cents. I had something similar happen and I got the other panels that weren't touched painted and boy am I glad I did!

Sorry to hear about the mishap.

Sean

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hmm.. I dont know, I dont think i can get mad at my wife. I love my Z, but its not even a drop in the bucket compared to how much i love my wife.

I really couldnt get mad at her for an accident, and the first words out of muy mouth would probably be "are you hurt?"

Of course that doesnt mean I wouldnt use it to guilt my wife into whatever sort of slavery I can come up with for a week :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
What you SHOULD do is take your wife out to dinner or somethin. That way she knows you care about her and not just the car. She see you care for her and later on you spend a couple house notes on a mod she wouldn't feel as "unluved" LOL.

"YOU CARE MORE FOR THAT CAR................" I've heard it since day two.

My wife hit a deer with my GS-T Spyder (w/ a preg friend in the car) and WAS TOO AFRAID TO TELL ME. I felt bad bout that and told her not to worry bout it, long as they were not hurt. Oh you know I was hot but felt worse cuz she believed I cared more for that car than her.

Oh let me tell you what she did to my Z. Tossed up in the whole dash (drivin) the night before a car show.

Was I hot? HE11 YEAH. But its just a car. She wants me to "hook it up" though.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:rolf2: I need to take notes from you guys! My wife constantly tells me I care more for the Z than her or the family. I should do something to offset that, but I can't figure out what it would be.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
i never get the "you care for your car more". i don't think i've every heard that since i got the car. i drive it to and from work....then put it in the garage. it just started getting nice out...so, maybe i'll wash it every so often (probably not since i've selling it)...but, it's just a car. it's not giving me b___jobs and sleeping with me. ;)

·
Registered
853 Posts
[/quote]
Thats Awsome!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:lmfao: I printed out that cartoon and left it on my printer this morning. Gotta leave those subliminal suggestions where ever you can! :wink:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
KShep-Thanks for the paint codes! I already text messaged them to my buddy who's doing the painting.

mdzowner-I'm in Frederick

Monsta-My wife knows I love her more than anything. But, she also knows how much I love my Z and she does feel bad. I am still shaken. :cry:

Dissident-Hilarious cartoon. I emailed it to the wife, LOL. She better be ready for some :anal: this weekend! :lmfao:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts