Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot begin to describe how pissed I am right now. I took my Z to get the windows tinted at a place I trusted, and I got the car the same day and noticed a few bubbles, not a big deal. I waited 3 days and then rolled my windows down, or tried to because the driver side window went down about 2 inches and then just stopped. The reason: the idiot cut my inner window seal that sits on the door panel somehow and it was rolling down with the window. OK this was a month ago and I took my panels off and they ordered me the new piece. In between now and then I have had my windows done 3 times and they still cant do it right and my freakin door panels are still off and my seal has not arrived yet. But a new ray of hope is coming b/c i am taking her to a better shop in memphis on tuesday and hopefully they will do a satisfying job so that i can put at least my passenger side door panel on. My advice after this, make sure if you get your windows tinted to take it to someone reputable and who has done some z's before.

:banghead:

·
Registered
310 Posts
They are refunding you, right?

·
Registered
138 Posts
That's why the cheapest place isn't the place to go. I searched for a place that I thought did things right. That means drying with a heat gun and new what tint to recommend.

I recommend 3M to everybody since I've had the best luck with it, and to avoid places that don't use a heat gun to cure the process faster. If you can't roll down your windows for 3 days and they tell you the bubbles will go away, means they aren't doing t the right way. It takes longer to do it right and some places don't want to spend the time.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
He didn't say it was the cheapest shop. He said it was a place he trusted.

I've had no trouble with mine - but they'd done a number of Z's with the windows that zip down a little when you open the door.

Hang in there, man. All will be right! :cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
he said he would pay for half the price of getting it done somewhere else which seems fair to me because he tried 3 times. the problem i am having is that he is not trying very hard to get the inner stripping and there is a furhter problem. I called a nissan dealership in memphis today and they said that this piece does not come seperate because it has a rivet at the end to keep it on the door panel and since it has a rivet then you must buy the whole door panel in order to get it fixed, a $400 value. So i am going there on wed. to order it and have the other guy reimburse me or i will get a lawyer. IT IS JUST SO FRUSTRATING riding around without door panels for over a month.

:helpsmilie:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Originally posted by PearlyWhiteZ@Sep 26 2005, 08:11 PM
he said he would pay for half the price of getting it done somewhere else which seems fair to me because he tried 3 times. the problem i am having is that he is not trying very hard to get the inner stripping and there is a furhter problem. I called a nissan dealership in memphis today and they said that this piece does not come seperate because it has a rivet at the end to keep it on the door panel and since it has a rivet then you must buy the whole door panel in order to get it fixed, a $400 value. So i am going there on wed. to order it and have the other guy reimburse me or i will get a lawyer. IT IS JUST SO FRUSTRATING riding around without door panels for over a month.

:helpsmilie:
[snapback]158301[/snapback]​

I feel your pain, man. But - have resolve. Have patience. Don't let the bad guys wear you down. See it though. And - let us know how it works out. (if need be, let me know and I'll have a couple of my "friends" in Atlantic City" look into it for you)

:shiftdrive:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah hopefully everything turns out OK. I am going to have them done again tomorrow if they can work me in and I will definately let you know if something goes wrong. thanks :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Now I'm scared to tint my windows.... :jk: I know a guy who knows a guy. :lol:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Sep 26 2005, 10:18 PM
Now I'm scared to tint my windows.... :jk:  I know a guy who knows a guy. :lol:
[snapback]158355[/snapback]​

HEY, I know that guy! :lmfao:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts