Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I decided to prepare early and test out my video set up today. Here is a sample of what is going to be available on Sunday. I turned the quality down a bit for quicker download, but the final version from Sunday will be better.

Download here

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
That's excellent. Where is it mounted concidering you can't see any part of the car (ie. bonnet)? You just need a speedo/tacho overlay ;-)

ps. I take it that you'll have a laptop in the car ... if that's so, make sure that the scrutenners/officials don't see it, or make sure that it's completely secure. They might not like the look of a loose PC in the car.

can i borrow say 10mb of bandwidth to host my own video?

I'm sure Iggy won't mind ... as long as the footage is from the track ;-)

·
Registered
125 Posts
hey iggy nice setup...i went looking around today for one today, but most camera shops said that i had to order one in. where did u get yours from?

cheer
owen

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah 10Meg should be right :)

I have the camera mounted inside the car on a metal bracket. I have a hands-free kit installed in the car, so I took it off and mounted a metal bracket thingy to it. I tried to get the digital speedo into the shot, but the angle doesn't work. ie it captures the speedo and the windscreen wipers. I might have to do one lap with the camera pointing at the speedo and match it up with the track and then overlay it (i have Adobe Premier). :)

As for securing the laptop, I can put it with some padding into the "glove" box behin the passanger seat, or under the passanger seat. If you recall, with my ITR I had the laptop in there most track days, without hassles. If you've got time tomorrow Dave, we can meet up and work on the mounting points. I also want to do some footage pointing backwards. Gimme a call if you got time :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by mr350zed@Oct 1 2005, 12:24 AM
hey iggy nice setup...i went looking around today for one today, but most camera shops said that i had to order one in. where did u get yours from?

cheer
owen
[snapback]159216[/snapback]​

I have a Logitech WebCam (the round one, one of the newest models). In fact I have two of them and an older Kodak webcam. It's very easy to set up.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
tried to get the digital speedo into the shot, but the angle doesn't work. ie it captures the speedo and the windscreen wipers.

That's a shame. I guess it would need to be mounted much lower to get the road and tyhe speedo at the same time. Would make for awesome footage if you'd manage to get both in.

If you've got time tomorrow Dave, we can meet up and work on the mounting points. I also want to do some footage pointing backwards. Gimme a call if you got time

I'm going to have a busy one tomorrow ... getting new pads/fluid all around, then getting replaced my rear tyres and then swapping the 4 wheels for my race ones. I am going to be running around for most of the day so I don't like my chances ... though, thanks for the offer.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys,

I got great news!!! :) I found an agle that filmes the driver's view AND the speedo! And I've now attached a stereo mic inside the car for awesome sound of that exhaust note!

Yipee! :cheers:

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
I recently picked up one of these - I just need to figure out suitable mounting positions so I can preferably have it looking over my shoulder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts