Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had my car tuned over at japtrix this past week so we could see what this thing could do.

this was posted by westpak and im just moving this info from the other thread.

OK here are the charts, J was cool with me posting them up. I have one that is the base without Utec compared to the Utec no tune, and then the second one is the base without Utec comapred to final run.

Here is Base w/o Utec compared to base Utec, as you can see the Utec is adding tons of fuel, it is hard to see the different shades of red but the top AF curve is the base curve and the bottom one is the Utec curve, the added fuel resulted in a loss of torque down low and really did not do much the rest of the way as both HP and TQ curves are almost on top of each other. Max HP was 223 for base and 222 for Utec and Max TQ was 214 for base and 210 for Utec.

And here is the Base w/o Utec compared to the final run after tune. Again a little hard to see the different shades but we got the AF curve straight across at 13, keeping it a little safe but yo ucan see the HP came up nicely along with the TQ. Max HP after tune was 230 and max TQ was 214, I think the base TQ is a little decieving as it looks like the peak is occurring at that little blip at the beggining so the QT for the base run is probably more like 205.

I have to say I really like the unit for all of its features, just wish the interface for the tuning software was a little more modern and user friendly but it does the job.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I think that what was nice is that the torque came up and was held throughout the rpam's and even higher towards the end so it should feel nice.

One thing I forgot was that we lowered the rev limiter to 6800, just didn't see the need for it to be at 7200 since the power was droping off so didn't see the need for the revs to be taken that far.

I forgot to check were the mods on the car.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mods are as follows

APS plenum
Borla TD exhaust
Kinetix resonated test pipes
Popcharger intake

·
Registered
172 Posts
Nice gains and car. It was good to meet you. Today they tune my car we'll see what happens later when there finished.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Nice!

The more NA UTEC applications the better.

More NA apps means that we will continue to learn UTEC's capabilities and together we can build maps along the way!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
You load them via the "transfer text" option on the Hyperterminal, the UTEC basicaly walks you through thr process of saving to PC or uploading from PC. Just make sure you save the parameters as well as the map for the application.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice gains and car. It was good to meet you. Today they tune my car we'll see what happens later when there finished.
It was nice to meet you and i am very impressed with your setup :biggrin:

jaysen, can you post your map
yes i will have to get it myself

how do you get to the maps? Can they be obtained through hyperterminal?
yea all you have to do is hyperterminal into it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts