Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be my working thread as i find out more about the UTEC. The UTEC has a large following in the WRX community and therefore one should think they have made custom tools and software to play with this EMU. Well I have found a bunch of tools.. So I will be posting them and reviewing them as well as other info I come across. The information contained in this thread will be moved to the Wiki after a while..

First up is a 3D graph viewer of the UTEC maps. I havent really figured out what all this does, but its cool and can impress your buddies with your cool pictures of what your engine is doing :)

Spreadsheet:
[attachmentid=12200]

Fuel Map:
[attachmentid=12201]

Timing Map:
[attachmentid=12202]

Boost Map (everything is zero since my car is NA currentlly):
[attachmentid=12203]

Second Post.

The UTEC comes with a USB port, but nowhere is there documentation explaining what this is used for or how to use it. Well me being curious, I plugged it in and of course windows recognizes this and wants some drivers..

Here is the driver and other UTEC software (still nowhere does it say what the drivers do):

http://www.turboxs.com/downloads/350zutec/350Zutec_v2_3.zip

Ok, poke around for a bit after i uploaded the drivers to my PC. What i found that most people would miss, is my computer now has an extra COM port. So my conclusion, the USB driver turns the USB port into a simulated serial port. This is good news because my laptop does not have a serial port.

I can connect through Hyperterminal using the USB cable as a simulated COM port.

USB Cable:
[attachmentid=12211]

Serial Cable:
[attachmentid=12212]

Dangling Cabling:
[attachmentid=12214]

Third Post:

UTEC Map Editor:
This software lets you load up maps and edit them without corrupting the file integrity. (The UTEC checks the file when you try to reload it to ensure it is ok). This also shows you what you have edited (turns the cells green)

Download:
[attachmentid=12204]

[attachmentid=12205]
[attachmentid=12206]
[attachmentid=12207]
[attachmentid=12208]
[attachmentid=12209]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
English, mofo. Do you speak it? :lmfao: :jk:

Great info so far! I'm glad you enjoy being a test subject. Good to know these things you're encountering.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
smooth, i posted pics of USB, and Serial cables so you can see :)
lol....I knew most of what you wrote, but it still sounded funny to me. I started to get the thousand yard stare.

Thanks for the pics. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
more...more....I am hoping to get a utec from MRC this spring

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
more...more....I am hoping to get a utec from MRC this spring
don't worry, there is plenty more.. got some tests to run on some really cool stuff, but probably not until next week.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Wow Josh! Thanks for the documentation of all this. I know it will definitely help me in the future. :thumbsup:

:yourock:

I'm just waiting to hear more. :)

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
...you don't have to be a rocket scientist....but it doesn't hurt.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
through the hyperterminal, copy the maps to your computer, then download the spreadsheet (from my first post in this thread) Open the maps using the button in the spreadsheet. Then click the tabs at the bottom to see the different graphs.

·
Registered
120 Posts
How did you generate the 3D maps? Was that through hyperterminal while connected to UTEC?
The data is exported to EXCEL and then charted using standard EXCEL tools.

·
Registered
1 Posts
we might see a new tool for utec owners soon.. i ran some datalogs today and sent it to the company to see what they can do.. more when i hear back :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts