Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, here is my system so far. i will be posting more pics of it soon once i get the cash for the rest of the stuff and the amp and sub box built.

List of stuff to be inststalled.

*Pioneer AVH-P7600DVD Head Unit
*Pioneer AVG-VDP1 Vehicle Dynamics Processor
*Pioneer CD-IB100 I-Pod Adapter
*Xbox Gaming System
*Infenity Refrance 6.5 Seprates (front)
*Infentiy Refrance 6.5 Coaxels (rear)
*Monster Cable Speaker Wire
*Monster Cable RCA's
*Amp Power and Ground Wires
*2-1 Fared Caps (not sure what brand yet)
*Extra Rockford Fosgate Batt.
*Kicker 4 ch. Amp
*KIcker Sub Amp
*KIcker Sol Baric L7 10" (to top it off)
*Custom Amp Rack and Sub Box

I got a lot of ideas and insperation from TPIACE, I thank him for the photos of his install for the ideas and thought i will be putting into my system.

</img>
</img>
</img>
</img>
</img>
</img>

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Almost Forgot... Ill Be Putting In A BUTT LOAD OF DNYAMAT!!!!
P.S. Im doing this install on my own, hope it gose well.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
wow thatll be a huge undertaking, best of luck with it dude

my install took 5 weeks, and i still need to take the car back for a full day to have the amps retuned after running in the speakers - its never ending

ive been thinking of adding the ipod adapter too, but ive heard scrolling through the playlists to find songs is quite tedious. Its sitting under my bed atm, i still dont even have an ipod

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, the i-pod controls on the pioneer unit are not bad, its quite easy, but depending on your head unit it may be a simplified version of the i-pod controls and be hard to find the song you want. i dont know on the clarion units.

and yes its my garage. i just got the epoxy painted last week. i love it. is nice to work in.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
and yes its my garage. i just got the epoxy painted last week. i love it. is nice to work in.
nice. i did my garage floor a few weeks back. it's awesome. now i don't mind going in there without shoes on! haha. the floor is super clean and looks awesome!

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
dam WOW what a start!! keep us pposted and i cant wait to see the final product.

i hope you will have it done by this weekend, LOL

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:OMG: She's so naked! :cry: Somebody hold my hand! :lol:

Good luck with the install! Looks like it's going to be a mini-concert inside your Z.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HaHa, This weekend.... Not likly, try 3 weeks... The main thing holding me back is money for the amps and box building. Thats were you take a beating on price. The Most expensive thing was the HU. $1500 Bucks. Glade i got that out of the way. Ill be posting 3 pics in the next day or two. Im laying the dynamat and some wire this week and going to start building the box.

I love it when there naked they look so unique. and it is so fun to take all the panels and seats out. Thanks for the support guys. It keeps me motovated. :irock:

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
usd $1500 for that deck is cheap dude

double that, then add a little more for good measure, and ur starting to understand Aus prices

ive said it many time, u US guys have the whole modding thing soooo much easier.........im envious

re dynomat, if you're looking for a cheaper (and in most tests better) product, look at the b-quiet ultimate. Anything you save could be put towards other goodies

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, those prices would kill me... is it cuzz of supply and demand. Or Being shipped over there. why so much? Oh, I already bought all my dynamate. But i want to cover my floor boards under my seats with something to help for road noise. So ill probally do B-quite under there than. (thats later down the road) How do you like your Clarion center channel speaker? I realy like that one cuzz it tucks away and is not bulky. Is it to high pictched, cuzz they are tweaters, right?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
the clarion centre channel is unbelievable, i was totally blown away with it. In my last car i had a pair of MB Quart 3.5" 2ways hidden under the dashtop airvent, and they didnt sound as good as the clarion

the clarion has 5 tiny titanium speakers in front angled upwards, and i think 2 or maybe 4 mids in the back of the unit

u can adjust the gain on the amp to make it as 'high' as u want, or adjust it on the deck (on my deck you've got a 3 band EQ for the centre channel, gain, freq, q, etc)

if you can, fit a centre channel, 5.1 to stereo is just no comparison, especially if u enjoy watching music concert dvds

we tripled up on the insulation in the boot in most places, and to be honest it hasnt reduced road noise by a significant amount. The noise comes in through the rear guards and is amplified throught the hatch opening. My old car had carpet inside the guards, was silent in the wet, couldnt even hear a stone flick up

re aus prices, definitely supply and demand is the main reason. Pioneer for example would sell more premium decks in US in one month than they would in Aus in one year

·
Registered
627 Posts
Yeah, the i-pod controls on the pioneer unit are not bad, its quite easy, but depending on your head unit it may be a simplified version of the i-pod controls and be hard to find the song you want. i dont know on the clarion units.

IPOD controls on an Alpine HU suck as well. Seems as though you take an already dumbed-down interface and dumb it down ever more, and you are left with a headache. If you shuffle through songs, like me, then you are OK. If you have one song in mind, forget it. Just unplug the thing, find the song, and replug it back in.

Nice pics, btw.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts