Oh n ordered this too :)
[attachment=24559:31032008062_small.jpg]

Cheers,
D

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Did you get this kit installed? I was considering this as an option for a coilover suspension as long as the ride height is adjustable and has a smooth ride. Doesn't say on any of the websites that I looked at.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
please let me know how you install the edfc, whether you need the setting of your suspension to be adjusted on standard value or not?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys... apologies for the very late late reply... had sum things that need to be settled before i installed the suspension. Bare in mind that i was still using my stock rims wen i installed it so driving impressions r using stock rims.

I installed my CS coilover abt 3 weeks ago with the Cusco front arm n JIC rear camber kit. Still playing with my EDFC settings. Im running the 32 way settings. Front is lowered by 1 inch n rear by 1.5 inch.

My current presets are:

P1:2fr 4rr
P2:12fr 16rr
P3:24rr 30rr

Here a short review on each settings.

P1 settings review: Handling is awesome, rougher den stock suspension so not for the missus. I can cut through corners better den before.

P2 settings review: Feels like running stock suspension but handles better mayb due to the lowered stance. Less bounce when i run twisties n responds much better doing turnings.

P3 settings review: Amazingly it rides better then stock suspension. Thats all dat i can say hehe.. but i rarely use it.

Im still playing with the settings. Overall im satisfied with it. Any of u guys recommend any settings that i can try?

ps: I know the review is kinda short, best i can do hehe.. plus i juz love the sound of the buzzing EDFC sound when changing the presets.

Here are sum pics but with new shoes :)... will update on the dirving impressions soon with the new shoes... enjoy...

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Your car looks monstrous, in a good way. :thumbsup:

Of course, your wheels look great.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanx SmoothZ... compliments coming frm u feels like i did sumthin rite hahaha...

·
Registered
59 Posts
may i ask some stupid question?
1)about the P3 setting, as u mention is more comfortable than stock but how about handling? mine z running stock suspension rite now, but is to bumpy to me on uneven and rough road..so i'm trying looking a set of suspension that provide comfort but wont sacrafice the stability during high speed.
2)HKS hipermax LS+ and Tein CS. which 1 is better since both of this design for comfortable.
3)i read the catalogue here about Tein CS, recommended lowering is about +/-10mm, but ur setting is more than that.. will this shorten the suspension life span?
thanks....
oh yeah...1 more thing..i can see ur Z using Amuse titanium exhaust..any sound clip? with test pipes or hfc? thanks again bye.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey fellas, sory for the late reply on the review, here it goes, here is my review after installing my rims (specs are 19x9.5 fr and 19*11 rr). Changes that have been made after installing my rims are my rear is lowered around 1.5 inch+ (2 fingers gap) and adjusting my chamber n alignment. I can provide the chamber n alignment specs if u guys want it.

Ive been running the car for abt 2000kms nw. Did my tyre check at 1000kms n the tyres are wearing normally, no nasty inner wears. Will do another check after 2000kms and update this thread.

I have also changed my presets in my edfc. Heres a review on each settings:

P1:2fr 4rr
P2:10fr 14rr
P3:16rr 20rr

P1 settings review: This preset i didnt change as handling is still definitely better den the stock ones. Plus with the wides tyres, doin twisties is fun. Im satisfied on the rebound of the shock absorbers wen i hit the curves. The ride comfort is harder then the stock therefore its nt advisable for the missus. However the ride comfort is nt dat harsh as the Tein Flex.

P2 settings review: I have changed this preset frm my original post as it rubs my fenders wen I do twisties (due to the lowered stance from 1.2 inch to 1.5 inch)This is my daily presets n so far the ride comfort is similar to stock but handling is much better. As my previous preview, it has less bounce when i run twisties n responds much better doing turnings.

P3 settings review: I changed this preset frm my original post too coz its too soft for my taste. A fren of mine commented that wen I accelerate, my rear wud compress as if I was doin a drag race heheh… den I changed the preset to the above n use it only wen im on harsh roads. It still rides better then stock suspension + the missus wont complain. At least im using all 3 presets for different purposes hehehe…

Cheers,
D

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
QUOTE (fairlady52 @ Jul 6 2008, 03:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=542605
may i ask some stupid question?
1)about the P3 setting, as u mention is more comfortable than stock but how about handling? mine z running stock suspension rite now, but is to bumpy to me on uneven and rough road..so i'm trying looking a set of suspension that provide comfort but wont sacrafice the stability during high speed.
2)HKS hipermax LS+ and Tein CS. which 1 is better since both of this design for comfortable.
3)i read the catalogue here about Tein CS, recommended lowering is about +/-10mm, but ur setting is more than that.. will this shorten the suspension life span?
thanks....
oh yeah...1 more thing..i can see ur Z using Amuse titanium exhaust..any sound clip? with test pipes or hfc? thanks again bye.
Sory for the late reply mate, will try to answer ur qs the best i can

1) I hav changed this preset wen i installed my rims. IMO is less bumpy compared to stock. As for handling wise, i do not recommend if your doin twisties on this preset, its much more of a light cruising mode + less complaints frm the missus wen we ran into bumpy roads

2) I hav never ridden in the LS+ setup before so i could nt compare. I do hear that its for comfort but wat made me sold to Tein is their EDFC, we can change presets even while we are driving :)

3) To my kowledge (plz correct me if im wrong) the recommended lowering height by Tein is not to compromise your tyres i.e OEM chamber and alignment specs. Loweirng beyond that, you need to get chamber kits if u want to save your tyres. As for the suspension life span, depends on the users really, ive had some frens who used Tein SS for less than a year due to his driving, some may go up to 3 yrs.

N finally , yes im using the R1 Ti, still using stock y-pipe n cats. heres some vids i made a while ago, bare in mind the exhaust got louder after a while. Enjoy

Cheers,
D

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Its about time. :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
QUOTE (scathing @ Jul 17 2008, 08:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=545460
Its about time. :)
Yeah I know mate, wen i saw my OP n did my review, was kinda long hehe.. apologies for the wait guys. All in all im satisified with the Tein CS. It stands n delivers for its name n purpose (Comfort + Sport) :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hello again guys. Would like to update this thread after using the coilovers abt 7 months and adding abt 17k kms on it. Chamber and alignment checked twice after running 1000kms. No changes have been made as the thread wear is considered balanced out. Check out my rear tyres :)

During the 7 months period, ive also installed my sound system which put on added weight to the car. Also did a few touge runs and drags. Changed my edfc settings to below:

P1: 2fr 1rr Previous (2fr 4rr)
P2: 7fr 5rr Previous(10fr 14rr)
P3: 10fr 8rr Previous (16fr 20rr)

P1 settings review: As my rear has an added weight from my audio system, running the previous settings was not a good idea. Heres a pic to show why :icon14:.

When I went out for some touge action with a couple of mates, speeding n running thourgh uneven road (especially a sudden downhill slopes on the roads) resulting my car to bounce. It transfered all dat weight to my rear and causing my sideskirts to hit the pavement…Thought I hit a rock or sumthing haha :eek:. Heres a close up

Changed to a new setting and still hits the pavement but does not bounce and hit that hard. Bare in mind that I only use this setting only if I have a full tank of fuel. As for ride comfort, what I can say is its harsher than the previous settings but the comfort is still there. Still have fun during touge sessions and running through twisties. Im just worried abt hitting the pavement again and loosing my sideskirts :( Might change to Tein monoflex but still thinking abt it.

P2 settings review: As from my previous post, changed the settings due to added weight. However only used this setting if I hav half a tank full of fuel. Same review as before, the ride comfort is similar to stock but handling is much better and it has less bounce when i run twisties n responds much better doing turnings.

P3 settings review: This setting I rarely use because the misus are comfortable with P2 settings. So no reviews here… and im left with a button setting with no use :dunno:.

Overall Im satisfied with the coilover and really states what the coilover’s functions for. Coilover for sport but has nt eliminated its comfort.

Cheers,
D

·
Registered
737 Posts
Great review and as always the car is looking great, bro :)

Saw your other post... sounds like you've got your heart set on a new *something something*

hehe

:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts