Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 Roaster.

3 amps (JL Audio for 6 speakers, Diamond Audio for Sub, Kenwood for nav voice)

Rear Cam:

·
Registered
191 Posts
sweet set up! where did you get the rear camera and for how much? would you recommend the camera? i just threw mine in tonight. loving it already! did you do your own install? if you did do your own install, did you consider flushing the 7015? i didn't but i just might take it out and flush it. it really doesn't look that bad but it could look better.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Thats awesome. How did you get a rear camera to work with the HU? I have the same one and I didn't know you could do that.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i installed myself first but couldn't make the voice of the nav working again so i brought to the shop and they were able to work around the issue by install an additional amp and speaker JUST for that voice feature of the stock nav.

I wish i could find a better double din bracket but there is none. Don't know how to flush it. :(

·
Registered
191 Posts
Originally posted by Bubble@Oct 15 2004, 08:58 AM
i installed myself first but couldn't make the voice of the nav working again so i brought to the shop and they were able to work around the issue by install an additional amp and speaker JUST for that voice feature of the stock nav.

I wish i could find a better double din bracket but there is none. Don't know how to flush it. :(

i installed mine yesterday and after contemplating it a bit i decided to take it back out and flush it. it wasn't hard but you will need to drill two new holes into the brackets (i used a uibit). one hole on each bracket. the drilled holes will be right next to the bottom rear exhisting holes. once you drill them you should have a figure eight like opening. catch my drift? i used two screws per side to secure the bracket to the HU. i located them: on the top (closest to front of HU) and on the bottom rear(closest to rear of HU). the top front holes were already there (not threaded) you will just have to put pressure on the screwdriver (i used a drill) as you screw it into the hole. it will go in fairly easy. the bottom rear holes are already threaded. if you need any more help just PM me. i'll post pics later!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by DaTaSPiKe@Oct 15 2004, 04:24 PM
Where did you mount the camera?  Can you take a picture of it's EXACT location?

Thanks,
Chris

This is just a temp plate. I am still waiting for my black frame bracket and the custom licence plate to come. Once they come, i will flush the bracket a bit so it will look more nature instead of stick out a bit like this.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Originally posted by Bubble+Oct 15 2004, 05:51 PM-->QUOTE (Bubble @ Oct 15 2004, 05:51 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-DaTaSPiKe
@Oct 15 2004, 04:24 PM
Where did you mount the camera?  Can you take a picture of it's EXACT location?

Thanks,
Chris

This is just a temp plate. I am still waiting for my black frame bracket and the custom licence plate to come. Once they come, i will flush the bracket a bit so it will look more nature instead of stick out a bit like this.

That's awesome... Did you do the install of that yourself? Or? Can you perhaps show the interior where the camera comes through? I have the same deck and want to do the same mod, but I am very scared to go drilling through the body. Thanks a lot for the picture otherwise... look forward to hearing a little more info. Also, did you hook up the power to the camera to the reverse light like others have done?

Chris

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I work 6 days/week so I don't do this myself since it is a big job to strip off all the stock bose and add in 3 new amps and 6 speakers. They hide the wire pretty good since i can't find it. hehehe I don't hook the power to reverse light since i want to see who tailgate me at all time.

I will install another front cam next week and have the HU to split the screen (vertical) --if possible or having a switch for front/back. I will then have all the action (front/back) record to the computer. Hopefully i can get this done by next week or 2. Will post more update picture later.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Originally posted by ZEALOUZ+Oct 15 2004, 04:50 PM-->QUOTE (ZEALOUZ @ Oct 15 2004, 04:50 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Bubble
@Oct 15 2004, 08:58 AM

i installed mine yesterday and after contemplating it a bit i decided to take it back out and flush it. it wasn't hard but you will need to drill two new holes into the brackets (i used a uibit). one hole on each bracket. the drilled holes will be right next to the bottom rear exhisting holes. once you drill them you should have a figure eight like opening. catch my drift? i used two screws per side to secure the bracket to the HU. i located them: on the top (closest to front of HU) and on the bottom rear(closest to rear of HU). the top front holes were already there (not threaded) you will just have to put pressure on the screwdriver (i used a drill) as you screw it into the hole. it will go in fairly easy. the bottom rear holes are already threaded. if you need any more help just PM me. i'll post pics later!

HERE ARE PICS OF MY INSTALL

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the same deck, and I am wondering what camera you used. Thanks again, love the set up. I know that getting the deck flush was a PITA, but worth it. Later <M>

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's Pioneer cam. Cost about $250. They are wide angle lens and the quality is super (both night and day).

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Very nice!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts