Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished installing a new production BCR Harness Bar. Finally got rid of the abused prototype. I had the bar nickel plated, but not polished, and I polished the aluminum anti-rotation stays. Pictures are pretty poor, sorry. Better weather for pix will be here soon. :clap:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]
I'm actually considering this, it looks like it is unobtrusive in the rear view (from that pic you showed me a while back) and it doesn't take up as much space between the strut bar and "compartments" as thought.

Oh yeah, might want to edit your post to this: http://www.bcrltd.net/ for the lazy or uneducated people who don't know how to copy and paste. :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I thought it automatically created a hyper link! My bad. :doh:

Try: http://www.bcrltd.net/

The bar through the rear view mirror is invisible! It is actually lower than the rear strut bar.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]
It does if you put http:// in front of it. :) Oh yeah, will any harness work with this harness bar?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Looks great! :bow:
So it just bolts up to the stock seatbelt point and the rear cutouts? Hmmm that's easy enough. Great work!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the kind words! :clap:

I have a few black, silver & naked bars ready to ship. I also have a few sets of BCR/Impact cam-lock harnesses ready, along with a few red BCR Billet fire extinguishers. I'll through in free shipping of the belts with the purchase of a harness bar.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I've been looking for a harness bar & fire extinguisher for my 350Z, and I just came across this BCR bar, harness, and fire extinguisher setup. I think the web link changed from .net to .org:

http://www.bcrltd.org/

If I buy all 3 at once (bar+harness+extinguisher w/ brackets), can I get a price break? Is anyone else running these at the track, and if so, how do you like them? thanks for any info

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for sharing the updated link. I will definitely offer a package deal. Sold all my stock of bars, including the nickel bar shown above, but I should be getting a fresh batch of bars in soon......make that 4-6 weeks. All bars will be either black or uncoated. Send me a PM or an e-mail for package pricing. The bars fit all 350Z coupes through 2007, & should fit the 2008's.

I have yet to hear of any customers that are not happy with their purchase. OK, a few have been lapping so much faster with the harness bar that they are moving up to the fastest group (in PCA HPDE's) that requires a roll cage...... :cheers:

·
Registered
516 Posts
This is very cool looking id like one but , I dont know that id spend that much for one!!! Maybe if i Had good use for it other than Sho, Dose anyone know of a cheaper one?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Thanks for sharing the updated link. I will definitely offer a package deal. Sold all my stock of bars, including the nickel bar shown above, but I should be getting a fresh batch of bars in soon......make that 4-6 weeks. All bars will be either black or uncoated. Send me a PM or an e-mail for package pricing. The bars fit all 350Z coupes through 2007, & should fit the 2008's.

I have yet to hear of any customers that are not happy with their purchase. OK, a few have been lapping so much faster with the harness bar that they are moving up to the fastest group (in PCA HPDE's) that requires a roll cage...... :cheers:
Ok.. I've been wanting to get a racing harness to keep me in my seat on the track! Is the BCR harness a 4-point harness? I have a few other concerns, maybe you or someone else here can address them -

I assume you haven't done any crash testing (it's expensive...), can you know with a reasonable probability if the harness bar would hold up in the event of a high-speed collision (up to, say, 120mph)? I noticed the design appears to be similar to sparco's (it attaches to the same points?), so if they've done crash testing, then that's convincing enough for me that the harness bar itself would hold up.

Also, some people here have mentioned the issue of using a racing harness but not having a roll cage -- is this ok to run without a roll cage? In other words, is it at least as safe as the standard seat belt, or am I increasing my own risk? Or is the probability of the A-pillar failing so low that it doesn't matter?

The main reason I want a racing harness is to keep me from being thrown around in the seat, not necessarily for safety (since I trust the standard seat belt). But since I'll be using the racing harness instead of the standard seat belt, I want to make sure it won't fail in the event of a collision. I'm not doubting the quality of your product -- it looks great -- I just want some peace of mind, and I'm not very experienced in this area.

Finally, can you post something or PM me when the bars are ready? I think I'd prefer a black bar, unless it costs a bunch more. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
Also, some people here have mentioned the issue of using a racing harness but not having a roll cage -- is this ok to run without a roll cage? In other words, is it at least as safe as the standard seat belt, or am I increasing my own risk? Or is the probability of the A-pillar failing so low that it doesn't matter?
Thanks for that. I'll try not to comment as a lay person but I do appreciate you bringing this issue to the "front" for the pros. (Again, imo, no it's not okay....don't do it without a cage).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a speaker box at the location that the bar attaches to in the back @ the floor. Can it be attached to let say, the strut tower? Or possible the top of the reinforcement that runs under the trim that houses the two 6 3/4in speakers? And another question to the guy that said you needed a full roll cage if you went to a 4 point harness, can the type of racing seat help in this situation, or do you still need a full roll cage? The only roll cage I have seen mounts just behind the seats and I have an amp on both sides in this area, so the cage won't go there. Thanks for your time and advice.

Regards,

RippiNU1

1 - 19 of 19 Posts