Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that dont know, the docks have been in real turmoil recently with their new shipping systems crashing, so my Fuji gear was sitting at the docks waiting to clear customs for weeks

It finally arrived, opened the boxes like a kid at christmas, everything's there....

but one of my exhaust tips has a slight bend. It hasnt marked the finish, its right on the top of the tip which is weird because the box wasnt damaged at all

can this be tapped back into shape with a rubber mellet? or do i have to wait another 6 weeks for a new piece :banghead:

has anyone tapped out such a dint before?

ive booked the car in for sat morning to have this fitted, arghhh what a drainer, theres always something that goes wrong :xZ!o:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
congrats Sam.... you are gonna love it... I am sure any exhaust shop can be able to fix that though.. they should have a special tool to round the tip edge again (I THINK)... the best way is to bring the muffler to the exhaust shop prior to your installation, otherwise you might not be able to return it as soon as you put it on your car. They can say that the damage is caused during the installation.

cheers and best of luck!

richie

·
Registered
173 Posts
as usual im gonna ask about the price lol, also where did you get it from...

I recently went to a perth workshop which wanted to charge me 4500 for a hks s/s full system......$4500!

Hope you get the dent sorted out :)

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
this will sound awesome by the way.....i have heard it on a G35, and its just perfect
nice!
dont worry that can be fixed easily

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
$4500?!?!? They can GGF. A Fujitsubo or Nismo titanium catback will cost you that much.

And its not like they do anything better than the local products. The dyno graphs between the HiTech, APS and Jap catbacks can be separated by experimental error. The HiTech and APS exhausts bolt straight on with a great fit and finish, and they cost half as much.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
HKS system is Very expensive. It cost close to Fujitsubo Ti exhaust.

But you get the Guarentee of the Quality from HKS ;)

There is a couple of Used Ti exhaust from japan you can get now :) If you are not Fussy like Tpiace (sorry sam lol)

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
I dunno what kind of guarantee that is.

Google's not loading for me at the moment, but there's a review of a bunch of Japanese air filters. The HKS one, while it did flow well, did so because it didn't actually filter anything.

I think the end result was the A'PEXi filter being the winner. It wasn't flowing that much less than the HKS one, but it pretty much filtered everything.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
HKS quality is world reknown. Except for their air filters.. those seem to only be remembered by the online comparison which showed poor filtering results. And yes, the Apexi filtered the best. However, this was only one independant test. Let's be fair about this.

That said. I'd much rather have my ARC Ti. exhaust than the HKS Ti. tip , or ss version obviously.

Fuji is top exhaust. Nice purchase Sam!

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the quality of the high-tech, especially the first lot that have now turned a lovely designer rust hue, isnt all that crash hot. Re power, no exhausts have showed enough gain imo to justify even the cheapest priced

i bought the Fuji for the sound - the stock like decibels and that fantastic M3/VW R32/GTA like rasp passing through the mid range

nicecar i bought the exhaust through rmsmotorparts.net.au here in Melb. Henry is the man behind this great little business, and he can import any Jap part u desire, and at very competitve prices. The Fuji Legalis R muffler (+ mid-pipe) was $1290, and the Fuji Y pipe was $710, SHIPPED!!! That's as cheap as US prices, and a good $600 cheaper than i was quoted from the Sydney Fuji dealer (i forgot the name). Shipping would have been a speedy 4 weeks had it not been for the dock delays

i'll definitely be sourcing my parts through RMS from now on

ive organised to have the exhaust fixed by The Muffler Man in Prahran tommorrow, and Henry has agreed to pay for the fix. Thanks for easing my worries guys, i was stressing last night

if all goes well tommorrow, i should have it on by sat afternoon. Ill def take pics, especially full length under car shots

The yahoo.jp auctions Yun has mentioned are a good way to buy cheap parts, but he's right in that i am fussy (u guys should know that by now), it has to be brand new

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it's on the car guys :shiftdrive:

i picked up the exhaust from The Muffler Man this morning, he did a great job repairing it, and only wanted a bottle of scotch for the trouble lol

the install was very easy, everything just bolted on

i forgot my digi cam at home so took the install pics on my phone....ill upload them later

took the car for a drive and wow!!! it now starts with a deep burble, very purposeful, but idling its as quiet as stock. Through low-mid revs overall Its a stock like sound only deeper and slightly louder, but the noise is just pure quality euro stuff. No civic fart can, no over run, just a nice burble (very BMW inline 6 like) when u back off the accelerator or between shifts. Inside the car there is no buzz, no droning, its all very quiet....could be all that insulation in the boot. Up high it shrieks, and together with the stock rasp of the high rev engine, it sounds f$#king awesome......im wrapt, love it :OMG: Feels a bit more powerful through the mid range, but could just be a placebo

the tips are big mothers though, will take some getting used to, but the rear end does look ballsy now

ill trial the exhaust for a month, im told the sound will change slightly, get more rasp as it beds in. So i may or may not buy the crawford cats. Yun, youll have to take me for a drive in your car i think

onto the pics......u can check out my little badge mod too, its growing on me now

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
looks sweet

·
Registered
785 Posts
but the noise is just pure quality euro stuff.

Funny that it was made in Japan!

Looks nice, but a bit too big in the rear for my liking now, would have been better with a closer to stock diameter. But the Jap tuners always like going over the top.
Each to his own I suppose.

:clap:

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
but the noise is just pure quality euro stuff.

Funny that it was made in Japan!
my impression of typical Jap exhausts are all noise, and rather dubious fart can notes on the likes of civics and lancers. The Fuji sounds alot more refined than i was expecting, very similar deep burble to my old Z4 3.0L down low, but with a nice metallic Alfa V6 style rasp up high.......and that is offering it very high praise

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hi guys ive just had the crawford high flow cats installed this morning, and 6 hours later i still cant stop grinning

now im not sure whether the gains im feeling is because i already had the Fuji muffler and y-pipe on the car before fitting the cats, or whether its all the cats, but ive gained more power from the cats then i did with the Fuji!!!

first gear feels about the same, but into 2nd it revs up so much quicker. Before you had to wait till around 4-5000rpm before the Ann engine would start hauling, but now starting from 2000rpm the revs instantly shoot up to around 3-3500rpm and it starts pulling, significantly harder than before. Its the same throughout the revs and in all gears, the car just feels lighter almost, ingear acceleration has improved noticeably

the sound hasnt changed much, its still very quiet and smooth at idle, but past 3000rpm it has a bit more aggression. At 6-7000rpm she sounds insane, and still has all the typical Fuji rasp

together with the exhaust, its the best mod ive done so far

bring on the ecu :shiftdrive:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts