Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I signed my Z up and paid all my dues for the World of Wheels car show in the Birmingham Jefferson Civic Center on February 9-12. Hopefully I won't regret doing this. It'll take a lot of work getting it ready and staying downtown with the car, but I hope it will be a lot of fun too. It'll be my first car show ever, and it's a pretty big one. It should be fun with it being indoors and having a big turnout. Any pointers or tips from anyone that has done car shows before? :shiftdrive:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Well, I signed my Z up and paid all my dues for the World of Wheels car show in the Birmingham Jefferson Civic Center on February 9-12. Hopefully I won't regret doing this. It'll take a lot of work getting it ready and staying downtown with the car, but I hope it will be a lot of fun too. It'll be my first car show ever, and it's a pretty big one. It should be fun with it being indoors and having a big turnout. Any pointers or tips from anyone that has done car shows before? :shiftdrive:
I've done something similar. Basically, your Z needs to be uber clean! Inside and out, engine bay, interior, wheels back and front, etc. One judge commented on how clean my engine and interior was, which is a plus in scoring. However, I did not have enough bling in and on the car to really get anything to tip the scales. You have more than me, so that will help.

So....

Paint has to be immaculate.
Engine has to be very clean and have some shiny things in it.
Wheels and tires have to be bright and clean.
Interior has to look and feel new.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
My advice as well is to bring a milk crate's worth of stuff to clean with. Dust will accumulate in the blink of an eye (I've showed my SB before). In my arsenal, I include meguires quick detailer, windex, water spray bottle, plenty of soft cloths (terry and old tee shirts). Also, tire shine after you get there, if you have to drive the car there. If you shine before, it'll splash everywhere on the paint, as well as having all the road dust and dirt sticking to the tires. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Sounds like a great time Buddy...best of luck.

You're accomplished at detailing so I know the Z will look awesome....and that new front bumper should be a huge hit.

One thing that will make your glass pop a little is newsprint...Washington Post is my favoite, for some reason the paper seems thicker...anyway, spray some Stoner's on the glass and wipe it off with the newspaper prior to the show. Polish that glass with the PC during your final detail session...then the Stoner's and newspsper will really work to best effect. If you have any water spots on your side mirrors vinegar will usually reduce or remove them. Don't forget to clean the inside glass...no polish there but the newspaper will work even with tint.

Sooo...all you really need is a few scantily clad co-eds to hang out around the car to peak the judges interest. :wink:

...and try not to :vomit: in her before the show...and stay away from twisty mountain roads where photograhpers tend to hang out...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.