Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... I did it! I never thought it was on my list of things to do in life, but I'm really glad I did it.

I haven't worked out for a while now... and a friend asked me if I wanted to do it with her. She would have backed out of signing up if she didn't find someone to go with her. 5K -- I walk that all the time when I am being healthy. I figured I would job and walk some and be done in 45 minutes.

I needed to fast walk parts - and she wanted to jog. She asked if she could leave me -- OF COURSE!! Please! I knew she wanted a 35 min 5K. I didn't want to hold her up! She's fit and works out regularly. She jogged every part except a treacherous uphill section! Great job Stacy!

And I jogged and walked and jogged and walked -- met up with a lady and sprinted twice and jogged and walked and finished with a jog.

I thought I was going to PUKE!!! But -- I didn't -- I made it!! :party:

My first official time in the 5K is 41 minutes 25 seconds.

My next 5K will be faster!

Michele (pink) and Stacy (blue)

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
5000 meters FTW!!!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Awesome job! I'm sure you'll feel it tonight!

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And thanks Willy, Dave and Terri!! :wub: What I thought was insane was I told her "Our next one..." :O I am already planning on doing that again?! AHHHhh!! But seriously, probably the next Susan G. Komen event, I'll register.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I'm sure that 45 minutes is like my 12 minutes of stair climbing....or not. I have no idea. All I know is that you did it and plan on another one which is awesome.

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This feels LESS bad then the day after the Boot Camp class I took how ever long ago that was. And LESS bad than the first time back to the gym with the trainer. So it's now #3 on the list of **** that hurts really bad. ;)

I tried to keep active yesterday, but it ended in a 3 hour drive home... which gave me lots of time to start hurting. OYE! I have done a good amount of stretching today. Just realized I haven't had a lot of water. Bad girl. Tomorrow will be interesting at work!! HAHAHA!!! I have been wobbling / feeling like I need a cane to walk all day -- let's hope I can fake how bad it hurts tomorrow and no one will make fun of me. ;)

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Drink lots of water and take some protein, maybe drink a smoothie with bananas in it. And Motrin ftw!

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's right! I need to pay more attention to myself. Silly Michele!! I'm on it! Had my banana for breakfast! =) and Dang ... forgot to have the protein shake today. Thanks for the pointers Dave! Time to get me back on track!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts