Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rockford Fosgate Punch P8004 100W X 4 Car Amplifier
Sony CDX-M8805X CD/MP3 Receiver (CD/MP3 Receiver)
Panasonic CQ-HR1003U (CD Receiver)
Cobra XRS9700 Radar Detector
2 Kicker 02K65 6 3/4” 2- way speakers
Rockford Fosgate CP4CKDS Amplifier wiring kit 4 gauge power
XM XMD1000 XMDirect Satellite Radio Receiver
XM XMDSON100 XMDirect Sony Smart Digital Adapter
StreetWires FH4ANL 4 gauge ANL Fuse Holder Diamond Plate
RF CPST-500 Stealth Twisted 16.4 foot stereo patch cable
StreetWires ANL150 150 amp ANL fuse
Image Engineering Automotive Tool In-Z PC (top model whatever that is…it was $1,125 when I added it up for the pc (before shipping))
Buying 4 mini-cameras for front, rear, and both sides
2 Icon TV V5800wk 5.8” LCD screens w/visor finishing kit

This is the overall plan, so money is no option. It should be around $4,876 (I also am getting an iPod with this too, so it's about $400 above what it would be w/o it). Now, I can't find any speakers to replace the door speakers, anyone know a place that has Kicker's to replace them? And the small speakers on each a-pillar, I can't find any replacements for those either (Kicker's only). I am going to go with all Kicker speakers and RF amp. Just tell me what else you think I need to cover if I forgot something. BTW, this was done at Crutchfield (minus pc and 2 tv's).

·
Registered
3 Posts
nice vision, although your choice of products are questionable, but hey, watever floats ur boat. and just to add a comment, youre gonna need at least a 50farad capacitor (or a second battery) just to power those equipment. goodluck with that!! :goodtimes:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by td3@May 19 2004, 03:50 PM
nice vision, although your choice of products are questionable, but hey, watever floats ur boat.  and just to add a comment, youre gonna need at least a 50farad capacitor (or a second battery) just to power those equipment.  goodluck with that!!      :goodtimes:

Then I guess that means I have to add two yellow-top deep-cycle optima batteries
(One to replace oem and another for powering all of this stuff).

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I still think you should get a better quality HU and a DVD player in place of one of the CD players

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here's a pic of the icon tv visor kits in the Z...
(that suede is pimpin
)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by nissan350ztt@May 19 2004, 01:57 PM
Then I guess that means I have to add two yellow-top deep-cycle optima batteries
(One to replace oem and another for powering all of this stuff).

good call. but i would still get a nice big cap to store all that power. and who knows, maybe later down the line you want to add another amp and subs, then that would definitely require it. and i agree with DiRn, sony hu's are just plain crap (for godsake's, they named them xplod, thats exactly what they do,,,..... EXPLODE!!).

that aside, i would go with an alpine...... maybe the cda-9835. with their 6ch dtc, and their sound reproduction is much much better than the sony or the panasonic. if you dont like alpine........ kenwood kvt 915dvd is a good choice for a dvd/receiver combo.

also, the new line of RF amps, wow, they suck too. LOL. sorry to be bashing on your products, but im just saying it like it is. Id go with a jl or a PPI. and if you plan on getting the alpine HU, id get the v12 amp from alpine as well. and as far as the K series speakers from kicker, no no my friend. gotta go with the old school resolutions, or switch brands. actually, what are you looking for in speakers? bass, clarity, vocals? ..... Boston Acoustic Pro series are the way to go, or MB Quart Q Series my friend.

just a little suggestion. i say, if youre gonna spend all that money, might as well do it right the first time, and avoid consumerline products.... they're just not quality build.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My brother had a Sony HU kinda like that on his S10 (now in his wife's Sentra) and I liked it, that's why I picked that. And for some reason I just like 'ghost' panel type receivers, I don't like buttons on the front, I like them hidden until I need them. My other brother has a 96' Ranger that used to be lowered, bed full of speakers and amps, etc. and he said that Kicker speakers are good and RF amps are good (I said whatever and just went with it). So i'm open to suggestions as far as speakers, amps, and hu's (a little with hu's). I don't like a lot of bass, and I love trebble. I think I can trust brands like Alpine, Sony, Kenwood, Panasonic, Kicker, Rockford Fosgate, JL, JVC, MTX, Pioneer, and Sanyo because they are pretty big companies and come up with awesome stuff. So yeah, any suggestions for HU's, speakers, and amps would be great...

Oh yeah, I just want to replace the stock speakers...

·
Registered
3 Posts
True, all those companies are good brands.... for consumers. But I am just merely stating, if you are going to spend all that money, I dont see a point in getting something that will break after a few uses. Have you seen anybody with a 2yr old sony deck or panasonic deck still in use? If so, thats rare. Also,... have you been to any IASCA competitions? They dont use panasonic, sanyo, etc... for a reason, because they are just not quality build.

if you want vocals and clarity, then go with some MB Quart Q Line speakers. If you want a little more bass than the MBQ's, then get Boston Acoustic Pro series. Trust me... they sound A LOT better than the kicker k series.

your friend with the 96 ranger, was he speaking of kicker speakers or kicker subs? kicker makes great subs, but their speakers just isnt up to par. they havent been in the cabin speaker market long.... not as long as boston, or mbq, or a/d/s. also, like i said before, the old school rf amps rock!! its just that their new lines arent that great. many blow fuses, and a lot of them just stop working. i used to work at an electronics store, and xplods and rf amps were #1 on the returned and damaged list. just sharing my opinion of what i think are good products.

and as far as amps go.... PPI will always have a special place in my heart. Although, not after Directed bought them out, then their build just got crappy. Their PC and PCX lines are great, totally underated. The old school Art series amps puts out huge amounts of power (but if you are looking to display ur setup, then you probly wont like the colorful decoration on them).

alright, thats enough for now...... ****, i dont even own a Z (ok, im just asking for it now), im just on this forum to lurk around

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for your help, it's greatly appreciated...
He was speaking of Kicker speakers in general I think.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts