Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With new injectors, 500 HP, here I come!!!!

That's 480 tq and 450 hp if you can't read it. Peaking at about 14 psi and tapering boost off to 11 psi at redline due to lack of fuel in the upper RPMS, that is why new injectors are on the way. This is the APS TT kit

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice numbers, what components did you go with for the forged parts.
ARP head/main studs
Eagle Rods
Arias pistons

·
Registered
120 Posts
With new injectors, 500 HP, here I come!!!!

That's 480 tq and 450 hp if you can't read it. Peaking at about 14 psi and tapering boost off to 11 psi at redline due to lack of fuel in the upper RPMS, that is why new injectors are on the way. This is the APS TT kit
Was this tuned with the Unichip? Was the boost intentionally tapered off at the end...due to lack of injector capacity?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This was with the unichip. Boost was tapered off intentially. There wasn't enough fuel up top to hold boost all the way to redline. A/F would make a sharp jump towards a lean condition in the upper RPMs. New injectors are going on today and getting retuned.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nice...looking good. The stock APS injector start crapping out a little under 500whp....so you are right there...good luck? :)

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what do u mean sharif?

The aps injectors max out at 12 psi which equates to about 500 whp. If you want more power, you need larger injectors

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Those are some awesome numbers! Congrats!

Let us know how the tune goes after the new injectors go in! :thumbsup: :clap:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well Ziv now I am really going to have to take you up on that offer to check out your car. I wanna see this thing roll. I can't wait to get mine. Those are some pimp ass numbers man. WOOT WOOT MN lol

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I'm still waiting to see it and drive it. :shiftdrive: I wanna go drifting on a lake around here somewhere. Yes, I said 'on a lake.' :OMG:

Did you make sure your headlight fluids are topped off to keep the intercooler running at low boost? :rolf2: :lmfao: :wink: I got your PM...

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
as far as maintenance costs? how much does it cost you every 3 months to maintain it?
change the oil and filter just like you would on your car. No extra maintainance. Just keep an eye on things and listen to what the car has to say.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got the car back. I learned a lot about the car and thought I would share. We tried larger injectors - 550 CC injectors (600+CC at 4 bar like APS rates at). Anyways, the injectors were too large to be controlled properly by the unichip - maybe if we had 500CC injectors, things may have been different. Since the unichip basically has the same functionality as an AFC in terms of fuel controlling, we couldn't get the injectors to work with my setup(up or down %)

In order to get larger injectors to work properly, one will need scaling capabilities. At this time, the only way of doing this is via a reflash of the ecu. The utec is supposed to have his functionality, but as we know, it is not yet available. The emanage ultimate may have this functionality, but that really isn't an option I choose to consider.

What this means for my car. We went back to the original map that pulled me 480tq and 450hp. Trust me, the car is a monster. By spring, APS may have out it's big fuel system that includes their own EMS. This should be what the doctor ordered for my car.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Here is my Dyno chart with 650cc's tuned with the UTEC which has scaling capabilities. :irock: Als did you upgrade the actuators? The ifrst one is UTEC tuned on race gas and the second is the old UNI-Chip tuned compared to the UTEC with larger 650cc injectors at only 14 psi with 93 octane.

Attachments

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do yo have cams on your Z?

I did upgrade actuators.

·
Registered
305 Posts
hey Ziv we gonna get another tire chirpin vid with the 500whp beast

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:drool: What a rush! I just got a ride! ****..... :bow: That's more than enough power for me. :OMG:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts