Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just finished putting my new alpine type r sub and amp in and went to start the car............So the car will crank but won't start like the ecu or something won't let the car get fuel. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Anyone have any ideas ....except the obvious take it (tow it) to nissan?

·
Registered
583 Posts
What OEM wiring did you disturb?

Originally posted by tonysZ33@Jul 22 2005, 05:38 PM
So I just finished putting my new alpine type r sub and amp in and went to start the car............So the car will crank but won't start like the ecu or something won't let the car get fuel. :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  Anyone have any ideas ....except the obvious take it (tow it) to nissan?
[snapback]136034[/snapback]​

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nothing I unhooked my battery and then I used the cigarette lighter for my amp on wire. I called nissan and they said the the chip in my key probably doesn't match my car so my car will crank but then it cuts the fuel......they said it'll cost me 58 bucks. Which seems like BS since the car doesn't start and it is under warranty.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so it was a stupid fuse and now nissan is charging me 58 labor plus 2 for the fuse! I think that should be under warranty for a '03 w/ 12,000 mi!

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Depends when in 03 you purchased it. If it was before 07/25/05 then the warranty is up unless you purchased the extended warranty. For some reason I remember that a second owner doesn't get the warranty extended to them (if you bought it used). Either that or the fact that these fuses were blown due to the audio work you did, then it's your fault and you would have to pay for the labor "invesitgation" and the parts to fix the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts