Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I live in TX, about 50 miles from Austin. We just had a major cold front come thru yesterday, and we had very icy rds. My dumbass thought I could make it to Austin ok. So Im cruising along, only going about 45 on the highway, and out of nowhere my car loses control and i broke out into an all out spin, had to of spun around about 2 or 3 times, and it was like i hit an invisible wall right before the actual side wall, because my car just suddenly stopped about 6 inches from the side wall, i was THANKING GOD!!! The whole time I was spinning that was all i could think about, MY CAR!!! I just popped it into neutral and let her go, cause nothing i was trying was working.. After that I went about 20 the whole way there, took me about 2 hrs to drive 50 miles.. Normally I get there in like 30 minutes.. Even going 2o, I still lost control of my car about 10 more times, no more spinning though thank god!! I will NEVER again drive in this kind of weather!!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Been there, done that. The pucker factor is high, isn't it?

·
Registered
357 Posts
wow, you got lucky there, i mean, the z can handle a lot but not ice...

good thing you're both allright!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I crashed last winter because of Ice... i left my friends house about 10 miles from my own normally takes about 20 min.. combo of highway and local driving... I was literally less than 1 mile from my house... getting off the exit ramp from the highway... stop at the sign.. begin to make the left down the hill.... and i press the brake slightly... and I start to skidd... abs is doing nothing... so Im going down hill w/ no traction, abs doing nothing and im picking up speed and I travel sideways towards a red light.... I was scared... i popped into neutral and hoped for the best because u cant see any cars from either side of the intersection... there is a small parking lot to the right side of the hill so i figured it would be safer to try to swing my-self into there ... so i begin to turn the wheel ... back slides out to the left.. boom up on the curb....... sliding.. sliding... there goes the parking lot.... here comes the pole ... here it comes.........

BOOM...... I blew the seat and roof bags and cuased a total of 8gs worth of damage..... never again will the Z touch the road if there is even a hint of snow about to fall....

Its amazing how much traction and handling these cars provide in their elements... but put a little ice or snow down and you r OWNED!!!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Ice aint nuttin to fug wit. & in that part of the country (used to live in AR) it always rains ahead of the cold front. What's really fun is when it snows on top of the ice!

Glad you & Z are o.k. & welcome to snow DRIFTING.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
"Depends Adult Underwear...Don't Drive a Z in Winter Without Them." :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
223 Posts
shoot it snow here for the last two day , my car is sitting in my gargage. I have to drive a 89 toyota camry everywhere. I cant take it anymore. huhuhu.Glad u and the car is ok. That should tell me to keep my car where it belong for the winter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts