Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night i hopped on i smaller side hiway. Entrance ramp is nice and curvy so i usualy try and tear through it. Well i look in my rear view and see xenons and orange LEDs trying to keep up with me. Didnt work out for him but anyways he rides my ass so i pull into teh right lane once we pass traffic. Some goofy guy driving atleast an 07 300 with the hemi pulls up next to me and gives me a goofy nod. I down shifted to 2nd ( tiptronic 5AT) if u can call it down shifting and he honks 3 times. we were going about 45 mph. Once he let the third honk go i started to pull on him. I pulled half a car on him and stayed there until about 80 or 90 when i then shut her down because we were approaching traffic.

It was pretty fun didnt know how I'd do. Apparently those transmissions are fairly slow? Those cars are pushing 340 hp.

My z has pop charger and pure plenum spacer as far as performance mods

·
Registered
719 Posts
you also gotta remember that the car weighs a shitload. my buddies moms is a v6 one and its slow as balls cuz it weighs so much.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
QUOTE (blackcherry350 @ May 1 2008, 11:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=524209
So last night i hopped on i smaller side hiway. Entrance ramp is nice and curvy so i usualy try and tear through it. Well i look in my rear view and see xenons and orange LEDs trying to keep up with me. Didnt work out for him but anyways he rides my ass so i pull into teh right lane once we pass traffic. Some goofy guy driving atleast an 07 300 with the hemi pulls up next to me and gives me a goofy nod. I down shifted to 2nd ( tiptronic 5AT) if u can call it down shifting and he honks 3 times. we were going about 45 mph. Once he let the third honk go i started to pull on him. I pulled half a car on him and stayed there until about 80 or 90 when i then shut her down because we were approaching traffic.

It was pretty fun didnt know how I'd do. Apparently those transmissions are fairly slow? Those cars are pushing 340 hp.

My z has pop charger and pure plenum spacer as far as performance mods
What's your license plate #? I'd like to look into lowering my Z's insurance rate.

·
Registered
615 Posts
If you are not going to compliment in the KILL Section just stay out... aka if you dont have anything nice to say dont say it.... Its a kill section for a reason to post up races. Granted all stories are not worthy of being posted.

DAN

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
QUOTE (One_Quick_Z @ May 3 2008, 08:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=524603
If you are not going to compliment in the KILL Section just stay out... aka if you dont have anything nice to say dont say it.... Its a kill section for a reason to post up races. Granted all stories are not worthy of being posted.

DAN
Maybe you don't get it? Racing on the street is dangerous & VERY stupid. It drives up OUR insurance rates, hurts/kills innocent people and is illegal.

BTW-I'll post where and what I like, thank you. :cheers: And not to worry - I'm voicing my opinion with others to remove this sub-forum. It degrades the site.

It's NOT a RACE unless you are in a CONTROLLED environment. Not sure where you kids get your ideas.
Why don't you go to a real track and race people?
Come back and talk about those experiences.

QUOTE (blue660r01 @ May 3 2008, 08:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=524605
:rotflmao:
:)

B

·
0 Posts
QUOTE (One_Quick_Z @ May 3 2008, 08:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=524603

DAN
Dude, I rip on people who post in this section. It really shouldnt be on the site. We are trying to keep people from trying to hurt themselves or others. Its no different than telling someone not to shoot another with a gun.

QUOTE (illz33 @ May 3 2008, 08:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=524607
Maybe you don't get it? Racing on the street is dangerous & VERY stupid. It drives up OUR insurance rates, hurts/kills innocent people and is illegal.

BTW-I'll post where and what I like, thank you. :cheers:

It's NOT a RACE unless you are in a CONTROLLED environment. Not sure where you kids get your ideas. Why don't you go to a real track and race people?

:)
Got a question for you. PM on the way

·
Registered
615 Posts
I do take it to the track just for you info :biggrin: I go to RT 66 and Byron Raceway alot.

DAN

·
Registered
615 Posts
The kill section still may have races at the track you dont know... you just assume that people race on the streets all of the time... I agree with keeping it on the track just dont keep beating it to death :deadhorse:

DAN

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
QUOTE (One_Quick_Z @ May 3 2008, 08:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=524611
The kill section still may have races at the track you dont know... you just assume that people race on the streets all of the time... I agree with keeping it on the track just dont keep beating it to death :deadhorse:

DAN

Dan, why don't you read the first post. There is no track here.. :poop:

And , NO, people who are posting here are NOT talking about TRACK experiences.. :) The people who are posting about TRACK experiences are in the OTHER Sub-Forum. Hopefully this one will be dead soon.

I'm always going to beat this topic to death. You ever have a friend die because of some other dumb ass racing on the street? I have- and know plenty of others hurt and killed because of idiots like this.

QUOTE (blue660r01 @ May 3 2008, 08:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=524609
Got a question for you. PM on the way

Right back at cha, blue.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I did read it and a kill is a kill if its at the track or not. but im not going to get into a dumb argument over this which seems to be what is going to happen If some wants to type about a kill experience let them.

DAN

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
QUOTE (One_Quick_Z @ May 3 2008, 08:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=524615
I did read it and a kill is a kill if its at the track or not. but im not going to get into a dumb argument over this which seems to be what is going to happen If some wants to type about a kill experience let them.

DAN
:lmfao:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts