Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I have a 2005 Z with approx 10,000 miles and I have had more trouble with this car than any of my other cars. Today I was at the dealer because my engine keeps burning unsual amount of oil, so the dealer performed a compression test and a leak down test. The service advisor said I need a new long block. I have noticed a knocking on acceleration and the responce is slower as well. One of the other problems that I had with this car was the trottle body which was replaced when I only had about 3000 miles. The car was in the shop for 3 weeks because the part was unavailable, no where to be found in the US or Japan for that matter. This has really put a damper on how I feel about this car. I waited 3 years to buy a 350Z and when I was finally able to afford one it turns out to be my worse car ever!!! Now I have invested about $6000.00 in upgrades. Has any one else had this kind of problems with their Z? If you have let me know

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I think you posted in another thread, but i'm glad they got to the bottom of this and are fixing it. sometimes stuff like this happends, but at least when they are done and assuming there are no other problems you should be good to go and most likely problem free.

Is ths you're only car?? I hope not.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
That's plain bad luck. Get them to fix the car, bring it back to life, then sell it. Maybe you need to move on while you're ahead and become happy with something else.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I suppose the dealer is fixing this for free, right?

Really sorry you're having bad luck. :cry: Maybe the new motor will fix everything and you can enjoy her again. Just think of it this way: you'll get to drive all those miles all over again! :biggrin:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problems with my 05 the dealers are willing to work with me on a possible swap I would like to know why my motor eats oil and spits coolant but will be happy if it just all goes away. unfortunately my dad has just crashed my Zed for the second time on easter for about $10,600 dollars worth of damage this time so the car is his now he will make the payments from hear on out and i will wait to get something nice in a couple of years maybe the GTR if the production car is not to expensive or an 08 Z. in the meantime i will just get an s13 or FC3S for a cheap car to get around in my dad will have to worry about the long block now try to get the newer revised motor if you can. T.I.G.MAN 05 base pikes peak white.
java script:emoticon(':doh:',%20'smid_6')java script:emoticon(':xZ!o:',%20'smid_20')java script:emoticon(':nunchuk:',%20'smid_13')

1 - 6 of 6 Posts