Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy criz-ap! The dealer just called and finally...after 3 months of waiting, he received notice that my Z is on the truck and should arrive at the dealership tomorrow!!!

I still thought the thing was on a boat in the middle of the ocean, yet to make all of the pre-US shipping drops. This is a fantastic way to start the year!

Once she arrives, there will be a week or two of S- and R- Tune installs and then she's all mine!

I can't wait to get the call when she arrives. Gotta go visit my new baby before surgery begins! :)

Anyway..not the most productive or informative post but I'm amped and you guys are the only ones who really understand. :cheers:

-Smoky

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
What kind of Z? Color? Congrats! Post pics!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pics will definitely be forthcoming. And Jinxxy...thx for the reminder about them not washing it. That's a good point to bring up. I definitely do not want the rail dust embedded into the paint! In fact, it may be worth taking some time during the day after it arrives to go over there and claybar the car myself before they get started.

She's getting all the Nismo parts installed. :) Basically, every S-Tune and R-Tune part that fits the 06. That includes pretty much everything except the front lip-spoiler and the floor mats (06 has a different shaped floor? who knew..).

She's a GT, Silverstone. No nav or side-airbags, but everything else. I've got a set of Volk TE-37s in Gunmetal ready go on (19x10.5 rear w/ 285/30 and 19x9.5 front w/ 245/35).

For Xmas I picked up a shorty antenna, a Fairlady Z badge, and black chrome Z side emblems. So those are waiting to go on too. :) Oh, and Santa also brought a GTech Pro RR so that I can play around once she's broken in. :)

Once she's home safe and sound I'll start working on the audio. Still torn between a Carputer or a Kenwood DVD or an Eclipse DVD/NAV. But I've got plenty of time to surf my eyes out of my head trying to make that decision.

And I JUST sold my Vette on Sunday. Perfect timing!! There's a big, sad, empty space in my garage at the moment. It was good news to hear about the Z on the way.

Cheers,

-Smoky

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Woo Hoo, Smokey! :yourock:

Take a few deep breaths and relax. There. That's better. Woo Hoo. :yourock: Never mind.

Great choice in tire/rim sizes! I love mine. This baby handles like it has an attitude! :irock:

Pics? ASAP - you hear?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Definitely gonna plan for it. I'd like to get out there. Plus I have family in NC so I could make a double-trip out of it. :)

Got the call...the truck just pulled in. I'm heading over there in a bit to see her.

I wonder if the next couple weeks will be harder than the past 3 months? :)

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Definitely gonna plan for it. I'd like to get out there. Plus I have family in NC so I could make a double-trip out of it. :)

Got the call...the truck just pulled in. I'm heading over there in a bit to see her.

I wonder if the next couple weeks will be harder than the past 3 months? :)

Can't wait for these pics!! Drool.... :irock: The break-in period really goes faster if you drive her everyday, several times a day...oh and plan on sleeping in the garage or Z a night or two in the first week! LOL

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, she arrived safe and sound tonight and went to snap some pics. She is absolutely gorgeous, even with all the wrapping and stuff. She has only 6 miles on her. :) Fresh as a baby's butt.

Here are some pics taken only moments after she was unloaded...

Thnx y'all! More to come...

-Smoky

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Outstanding....glad she finally arrived. Awesome looking Z.

Good advice from Terri on the washing...rub the back of your knuckles over the paint...if it feels rough then claybar the entire car. Don't let the dealership wash her...ever.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Outstanding....glad she finally arrived. Awesome looking Z.

Good advice from Terri on the washing...rub the back of your knuckles over the paint...if it feels rough then claybar the entire car. Don't let the dealership wash her...ever.
The dealer guy is arranging for a Zaino detailer to come out to the shop and claybar before any work is done. Pretty sweet huh? I didn't think they would go for it, but they were happy to arrange it.

The clock, she ticks for me....

:shiftdrive:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Congrats from a fellow Silverstone owner..what a great color to take care of too. The best thing to do is learn the fine art of detailing yourself.I personally cant trust ANY other detailer than myself touching my car.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts