Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock 350z... and i have 2 mufflers just sitting in the house. Now i know i should research and all but i just want to stick these in ASAP and i cant patiently sit down and research about this. can someone please tell me what part or parts i need to install these 2 mufflers WITHOUT cutting/welding, because my car is a very very long lease... and i want to put everything back like stock when i take it back to the dealer. Please help me out on this one. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
what kind of mufflers are you talking about? i think you will have to cut or you will need a custom pipe made from the y-pipe..

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Hmm...for some reason I seem to remember only seeing 1 muffler on the stock exhaust. Why would you want two? Making a custom dual exhaust system?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah... so all i need is a y-pipe and just "bolt" on the y pipe and weld the 2 mufflers i have on? im still kind of confused..

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Can you post pics of what you actually have? It's kinda hard to tell you what to do if we don't exactly understand what you have going on. Would you be doing like 2 straight pipes, don't even know if that can even work w/ the space under there, will be a lot of modifying....:dunno: :postpics2:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by e121ck1m@Jul 10 2005, 02:22 PM
yeah... so all i need is a y-pipe and just "bolt" on the y pipe and weld the 2 mufflers i have on? im still kind of confused..
[snapback]129382[/snapback]​

You will need to go true dual to use both mufflers. That's the only way I can see the reason for 2 mufflers. Stock exhaust has a y-pipe for a reason: To accomodate the 1 muffler (among other weird reasons). You could buy an aftermarket y-pipe, some test pipes, and keep the rest of the system stock, but that doesn't solve your dilemma of the Tale of 2 Mufflers. :lol:

Like Terri said, post a pic or 3 of what you have and what you want to do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha thanks guys... i dont have a digital camera with me... so ill take a picture of it whenever i can and post it up. sorry for the delay.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well.. this is what it looks like. these 2 mufflers are the only 2 i have. what parts do i need and what modifications do i need to put these 2 on without cutting any stock exhaust/muffler parts?

Attachments

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by e121ck1m@Jul 10 2005, 03:34 PM
well.. this is what it looks like. these 2 mufflers are the only 2 i have. what parts do i need and what modifications do i need to put these 2 on without cutting any stock exhaust/muffler parts?
[snapback]129426[/snapback]​

Hmmmm I am no fabricator but I have to say you will be doing a whole lot. The oem exhaust is a y pipe as seen in the pic below, one pipe going into the muffler. I don't see how those can fit in the space that the two pipes come out of the oem muffler where the tips are, and it would be bad to have 3 I would think. You would need to fabricate two pipes that come out of the cats straight back to the rear of the Z and have those mufflers attached to the two pipes, but I don't know how you would hang them, there are rubber hangars for the stock muffler but don't think you could use them for that set up. :dunno: anyone else have ideas, I am attaching a pic of the borla TD (left) and the OEM exhaust system (right) so you can see what I am talking about. Basically you would have to ditch the oem and fabricate your own.......:dunno:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Those are mufflers? They look more like exhaust tips. :lol: You'll need to go to a good exhaust fabrication shop to have them custom make a system to match the mufflers and your car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts