Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my z came with those things behind the rear and the front wheels...the mud flaps?
ive seen z's without em..n thought it looked cleaner...and was wondering if i should take mines off.
just wanted an opinion on what you guys think will look better..

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Yay.

I would leave them. They enhance the look more IMO.

BTW, technically they aren't supposed to be called mud guards since the Z does not belong in the mud. :lol: More like pebble/rock/stuff guard.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Remove them from one side of the Z and see which you prefer. Once they have been one the car for a while it will be difficult to remove them due to discoloration and etching around where they are installed.

I prefer them removed.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yay. IMHO they look better than without. Plus they probably prevent a lot of rock / debris damage to the rocker panels.

So I say unless you are installing a body kit I would leave them. The car looks naked without them.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Originally posted by Nis350ZTT@Jul 26 2005, 06:17 AM
Yay.

BTW, technically they aren't supposed to be called mud guards since the Z does not belong in the mud. :lol: More like pebble/rock/stuff guard.
[snapback]137229[/snapback]​

+1 Keep them on unless you're going to do a body kit with side skirts and a full rear.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I removed them - one of the first things I did when I got the car. I think it looks a ton better - they look like an after thought.

~Z~

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I've never taken mine off, but I have seen a few cars with lips and side skirts. The rear mud guards make the whole design look better if you don't get rear spoilers as well.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by Nis350ZTT@Jul 26 2005, 06:17 AM
Yay.

[snapback]137229[/snapback]​

I believe the official name from Nissan is splash guard

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by LeMansEAKZ@Jul 26 2005, 08:35 AM
Yay. IMHO they look better than without. Plus they probably prevent a lot of rock / debris damage to the rocker panels.

So I say unless you are installing a body kit I would leave them. The car looks naked without them.
[snapback]137254[/snapback]​

Well said. I like them on. People who don't know any better seem to think I have a bodykit on. :dunno: :doh:

·
Registered
100 Posts
i would like to take mine off but im afraid the car is scratched up under them.. my car is a 05..
Is it easy to take them off and put them back on? are they attached with screws or do they have 3m sticky stuff to?

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Originally posted by borg256@Jul 27 2005, 03:35 AM
i would like to take mine off but im afraid the car is scratched up under them.. my car is a 05..
Is it easy to take them off and put them back on?  are they attached with screws or do they have 3m sticky stuff to?
[snapback]137829[/snapback]​

They are easy to remove, and to put back on if needed. Just a few screws, which should be put back in the holes if you choose to remove the splash guard.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
I had them on the CS but not the UY. I notice the car stayed alot cleaner with them on. So I ordered them for the UY and they are on.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
nice timing

im thinking about fitting the mud flaps now too, so my recommendation would be leave them on

though im thinking of just fitting the fronts, i dont like the rears, they hang down too much, whereas the fronts complete the curved drop look of the skirts

1 - 18 of 18 Posts