Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading a short review of this product in Feb. issue of Super Street I decided to buy the kit yesterday and try it out. All I can say is WOW! I'm impressed! For $18.99 I think this kit is worth the money. The kit comes with the dispenser that you connect to your garden hose, soap and filter. Mr.Clean claims that the soap and filter included are both good for approx. 3 washes and I have found that to be pretty accurate.
I washed my car yesterday. It had not been washed in almost 2 weeks and as anyone in the DFW area can tell you, the weather has been dismal lately so the Z was filthy.
Following the directions I wet the car completely. Then with sponge in hand I changed the selector knob to soap and washed the car in sections being sure to rinse off the soap as soon as it was clean. After you have washed the entire car turn the selector knob to the "AutoDry" position and rinse the car completely one final time and leave water to dry on car. There is no need for towel drying. No sh*t! The filter I previously mentioned de-ionizes the water thereby eliminating the need to towel dry.
I washed my car in direct sunlight and used no other product than what was mentioned here. Total wash time was probably 20 minutes and total drying time was about 10 minutes. The only areas I used a towel on were on the driver side door and rear fender that were taking a little longer to dry than the rest of the body. I also used a towel in all of the door jambs,engine bay and rear hatch jambs.
I highly recommend this product for anyone who likes to wash their own Z but doesn't want the actual WASHING and DRYING to take an hour and 4 different towels. Refills of soap are approximately $5 dollars and filters I believe(not positive) are about $8.
Now go clean that dirty car!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nothing was left on my car other than a nice clean shine.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used the soap that came with it and it worked great.

·
Registered
58 Posts
first 3 washes with the kit were great. Then bought the refill pack and the 2nd wash from that one and I got hit with the film. Its pretty nasty and its all over the car. Really shows on my SB.

The only thing different about this time was that it was significantly colder when I washed the car. Other washes it was in the 80's. Last time low 60's. Not sure if that had anything to do with it but now I don't want to mess with it again.

I have another black car so I may try it on that one this weekend since it will in the low 60's again.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah that is strange how that happened after you used refill soap. It should be the same product. Did you change the filter after your 3rd wash as well? I don't think temperature has to do with the film. Yesterday when I washed it was upper 50's outside. It's hard to know the culprit sometimes.

·
Registered
191 Posts
interesting, the jury is still out, espcially since I have a SB. I will wait for grumpy to post the results on his other black car before I take the big $20 plunge.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can't say that I blame you for that.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I have been using one for a little while now, it helps a great deal for me because my water is hard as a rock and the spots become permanent if not removed right away. This kit keeps it from spotting in the first place so I don't need to rinse the whole car in distilled water any more. I still dry it though.

Chris

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
2 things could be causing it..

A) using the soap (i dont use the soap that came with it, althought i doubt this is causing it)

B) not changing the filter often enough. If you use the same filter for too long it will just start dumping minerals onto your car thus creating a film.. Just my theory but makes since to me..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Definitley the soap. I put in Meguiars Car Wash soap instead of the Mr Clean stuff and my beautiful black car is both beautiful and black again. No film.

·
Registered
191 Posts
can you add whatever soap you want to the thing? sounds like people are pretty happy with it, and the weather is so nice around here i might have to try it out...

·
Registered
58 Posts
It says that some soaps may cause blockage. I added a little bit of water to the Meguiars in the soap chamber since it is pretty think stuff and it worked like a champ.

I really like the whole kit for 2 reasons. It makes washing the car much quicker and since the water is ridiculously hard here the ionized stuff at the end really helps reduce the water spots. Since I have a good soap I will just buy the filters from now for it and skip their soap.

Oh and definitely use the leaf blower to dry the car if you have hard water/dark car combo. Made a big difference for me when I started using it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i saw a joupon in the paper for one, but have never talked to anyone who has used it. thanks, i think i'll get it now

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'll try it this weekend on the Redline.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Josh, how does the PPW come out when you use that? I think I'll try it once with soap and see what happens. I'll also use the leaf blower to air dry it first.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
I would stay away from the soap provided with the kit. The ionizer works O-k..soap no good.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts