Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew of a company that made Polyurethane motor and tranny mounts. And i already know about stillens engine dampners. I don't think thats exactly what im looking for. I know that energy suspension makes these mounts for alot of cars and just wondering if anyone else has checked into this yet? thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just searched for a company that made poly mounts and came up with nothing. What do the stock mounts look like? Any pics? All depending on how they are designed, you might be able to retro-fit another type of urethane mount or modify the stock mount to accept a piece of urethane. Good luck!

sean

·
Registered
42 Posts
Originally posted by socalsean@Jun 10 2005, 10:05 AM
I just searched for a company that made poly mounts and came up with nothing. What do the stock mounts look like? Any pics? All depending on how they are designed, you might be able to retro-fit another type of urethane mount or modify the stock mount to accept a piece of urethane. Good luck!

sean
[snapback]112482[/snapback]​

I've tried to find some motor mounts but had no luck either.. i found a solid transmission mount by stillen i think but for the price and what it is i think it is a joke. I think i can make one myself :headshake:

·
Registered
310 Posts
I think that 350EVO makes a solid tranny mount. However, it is supposed to severely increase vibration and noise within the chassis.

As for motor mounts, I have seen them and held them in my hand when I was doing my header install. However, I don't have any images. They are about 3 inches in diameter and about 4 inches tall. Sticking out each end is a threaded "bolt". The threads on top mount to an L-bracket that is on the engine. The threads on the bottom mount to the engine cross member. I don't think they are made of rubber. They are entirely too stiff to be made of rubber. I would think they are made of a lower density urethane. They are black in color, which is the case with one type of urethane.

Hope this helps. My the way, Energy Suspension makes nothing for our cars. I think the concentrate on cars that are old enough to need new bushings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.