Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

Hows everyone going?

I just got the latest version of HyperTech FairLady Z Vol. 3 overseas and found out that Amuse has already achieved 349HP and 43kgm of NA power with nismo Spec 2 heads, cams, VTCs and amuse exhausts.

At the side, Amuse has also found out how to adjust the DBW (Drive By Wire) to control the butterfly already. On the graph itself, it shows that the they can make the throttle to reach full open a lot faster than the standard nissan setup.

It is just like the MoTeC DBW system which can adjust the throttle opening to whatever degrees that the owner needs.... it seems to be a nice option to get HP faster....

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
562 Posts
Any information on what cams they have used?

·
Registered
176 Posts
[/quote]

They are using Camshafts Part # 1300D-RRQ02
Inlet duration 284deg 11mm lift
Exh duration 268 deg 10.5mm lift
These Cams will be available Ex Japan mid March but are very expensive
Wholesale Yen 220,000 in Japan
I have 1 set on order

Richie
The Amuse throttle program changes the response of the throttle, it in itself can not make more power.
Think of it like a manual cable throttle that has had the accelerator pedal modified so that it only takes say 5cm of travel to go from idle to full throttle where originally it may have requied 8cm

·
Registered
562 Posts
Peter, are you going to use nismo VTC pulley with this cams?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Yeah, in the old days you just had to shorten your accelerator cable.
Now someone has to crack a code a charge a fortune for it as well!

Still, I don't think it would compare to a lightened flywheel.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
[/quote]

I agree. Boy have things changed since I learned to mod my first car, a 94' honda civic.. These new cars just don't like to be touched!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nizmo Pete,

Thanks for the info. and I guess Murray is correct, with more throttle being setup with small pedal travel might chirp the tyres everytime you take off or change the gears... and also it might affect the fuel eco. greatly esp. on this type of larger capacity engine.

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
562 Posts
I just got the Hyper Rev as well and it's actually 349PS, which is 257kW. What I want to know if it is at the flywheel or at the wheels. What actually surprised me was that that even with the aggresive Nismo Spec 2 Cams the maximum power was still only at 6116rpm.

Does any one know what was the difference in modifications between the 318PS, 337PS and 349PS engine tunes?

·
Registered
562 Posts
They are all in Japanese, not really worth scanning. All it is, is a 200page booklet of all the parts (or most of them) you can get at the moment in japan. You get a small picture of it and the price in Yen. And if you are lucky you might be able to guess few other things. If you want to take a look at the graphs, pictures, etc... and wonder what it all means (like me) then you can get a copy of it from Kinokuniya next to QVB. It costs $44, I get 10% discount there so it was $39.60. If you want to take a look at it and you are in CBD just give me a buzz, you can flick through my copy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts