Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need more power! Is there anything that can give me this? I am on a budget so FI is out of the question right now. The reason I say this is because I was reeled in at the track by another Z with minor mods. To make matters worse, it was an auto. I have a popcharger and the rest is stock. I am going TT in about 6 months or so, so I want something that will compliment that when it gets here. I can't take anymore of these 14.4 sec runs! HELP!

·
Registered
806 Posts
So I'm assuming you drive a 6-speed. You'll probably need a new clutch and flywheel with the FI if you plan to have fun with the car. Get a Tilton Clutch and Flywheel (approx $1,300). Reduces the rotational mass from about 46 to 16lbs so the car revs like crazy!

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
If all you're looking for is some cheap quick power boosts when running 1/4 miles, I agree with Josh, nitrous is the way to go.

And don't feel bad about losing to an auto in a 1/4. There are advantages to having an automatic for a drag.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I don't feel bad for losing, I just was wondering how the other Z was reeling me in on the top end. I usually walk away from other Zs when I hit third gear. This time was the first time that this happened. May have to look into nitrous I guess. At least until FI.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
At least right now you can get set of resonated test pipes whcih you can still use if you go FI in the near future.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
agree that Tilton rally clutch and 8 lb. flywheel are a great mod for the track, but that advice should always come with the warning that the Tilton set-up makes the car difficult to launch from a dead stop, and therefore tough as a daily driver, especially in rush hour traffic. I have burned up the stock slave cylinder after 5000 miles with the Tilton clutch/flywheel (about 1000 0f those miles on the racetrack, and the rest commuting)

revs like a buzz saw

·
Registered
11 Posts
take your TC off and take the parking brake off! How many time must i tell you this. oh and by the way george, next time we go to the track your toast!!
Jason

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Loco350Z@Jun 19 2004, 09:51 PM
take your TC off and take the parking brake off! How many time must i tell you this. oh and by the way george, next time we go to the track your toast!!
              Jason

It's on this Thursday then. And I should have been toast last time too!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
14.4 is respectable for a stock car with just the pop...That's all I've done so far.

I was thinking nitrous eventually, as soon as I figure out where to hide the switch from Mrs. (who's too sensible to add such warranty-voiding toys...)

Next for me will be test pipes, ground kit, sticky tires...

Anybody care to weigh in on Proflow throttle bodies, Technosquare chip burns?

Colder thermostat?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Test pipes and an intake plenum will give you some good hp. Also, UR pulleys and clutch/flywheel will help you out. All of these things except the clutch/flywheel are universal with NA and turbo setups and in either case will provide you with some good increases in hp for the money.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by lionkiller@Jun 21 2004, 05:08 PM
14.4 is respectable for a stock car with just the pop...That's all I've done so far. 

I have ran a 13.843 with the same setup. The hot humid weather it what sucks the most.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Maybe (and I don't mean this in any negative way) take a racing class. It won't help you so much in 1/4 times, but it can't hurt either.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts